ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for spouse of Irish citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sharon89
Newly Registered
Ireland

Visa for spouse of Irish citizen

Post by sharon89 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:33 am

I am an Irish citizen working in Dublin. Getting married next month and planning to apply spouse visa for my husband who is residing in India.
Do anyone have an idea how long would it take for the visa processing for the spouse of Irish citizen. Please share your experience.

lucidj
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Visa for spouse of Irish citizen

Post by lucidj » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:48 am

I have been waiting for 12 months

sharon89
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by sharon89 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:41 am

that too long.. Where did you apply?

lucidj
Mood:
Ireland

Post by lucidj » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:03 pm

i sent my documents to the spouse of irish national department INIS. but if your partner comes with a visa you can go straight to the local GNIB station and get his stamp 4 the same day

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Zoot7 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:22 pm

For Spouses of Irish Citizens, the spousal visas are usually quoted as being handled within 6 months.

What lucidj is referring to is the permission to remain. That comes after the Visa, the visa is permission to enter the country for a period of up to 90 days, the permission to remain comes after. The permission to remain is easy if your spouse comes here on a Join Spouse (Long Stay) visa, don't worry about that just yet.

The details for the visa are here with requirements, how to apply etc. is all here.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Join%20Family

After the visa (which is a long-stay visa) is granted and they travel to Ireland, your spouse will get a stamp in the airport that allows them to stay up to 90 days. Then during that 90 day period, the two of you go to your local immigration officer with your passports, marriage certificate and proof of a joint address. Then your spouse should get Stamp 4 permission to remain as the Spouse of an Irish Citizen for 3 years.

Have a look here, note that it's the first method mentioned there that'll apply to you, assuming you go down the road of a Spousal Visa.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/inis/pages/wp07000024