ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (O) form questions - Tier 1 Ent 50K ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raj.m
Mood:
India

Set (O) form questions - Tier 1 Ent 50K ILR

Post by raj.m » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:56 pm

Hi everyone,

I am applying for my Tier 1 50K ILR in 4 days time. I would be grateful if you guys could help me with following queries about the Set (O) application form:

6.3 What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?
Does this question apply to those on Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa? OR Am I meant to leave this question blank?

6.4 When did you last enter the UK?
I went to my home country for a four-week visit in 2016. Is it supposed to be my arrival date in the UK in 2016? Or is this something else?

6.9 What evidence of leave stated in 6.6 has been provided?
Am I meant to tick Biometric Residence Permit only OR Biometric Residence Permit as well as Passport?

7.13. How long have you lived in the UK?
I first came in the UK in 2004 on a student visa and then returned to my home country in 2007. I came back to the UK in 2009 on a student visa again, then changed to PSW and then eventually to Tier 1 Entrepreneur in 2013. Am I supposed to write the total amount of time I’ve lived in the UK on Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa here OR Am I supposed write the total amount of time altogether from 2004? And am I meant to deduct my absences from the total period whenever I went out of the country for a few weeks’ visit?

Page 39 – X1 In the table, I understand I have to fill out Engaged in business activity at the time of application and Job Creation sections. The third row is 3 year accelerated route only and I understand this does not apply to me, so I leave that blank. But what about Investment in a UK business and Business Registration? Investment – I understand I am exempt as I was previously awarded points for it in my extension application. But what about Business Registration? Do I have to fill this out?

Page 76

Knowledge of language and life in the UK
If you have to complete section 4, and you and/or a partner applying with you are aged 18-64, you must provide one of the following for each of you:

- A Life in the UK test pass notification letter; and
- A relevant speaking and listening qualification, as described in the guidance on our website.

In the above section, there are two tick boxes – one for Life in the UK test and another for speaking and listening qualification. I’ve ticked the life in the uk test box. For English requirements, I am sending my master’s degree certificate from UK university and there is no tick box specifically for this. Do I just tick the “relevant speaking and listening qualification box”?

And, finally am I allowed to send my documents filed properly in a file folder? I am asking this as I've heard we are not allowed to send any stationery with the application such as folders, etc.

---------

I know many of my questions are really stupid and I may be reading too much into them but I am really confused and nervous, and don’t want to get anything wrong. So I would be grateful if you could help.

Many thanks,
Raj

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Set (O) form questions - Tier 1 Ent 50K ILR

Post by marcnath » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:57 pm

Why do you start a new post.

Adding my reply to your original post at indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-tier-1-e ... l#p1604510
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

raj.m
Mood:
India

Re: Set (O) form questions - Tier 1 Ent 50K ILR

Post by raj.m » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:16 pm

marcnath wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:57 pm
Why do you start a new post.

Adding my reply to your original post at indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-tier-1-e ... l#p1604510
Because I was told to do so by a moderator, and also because there are many questions that I have in relation to set (o), which needs to be asked in a separate thread rather than in the one related to job creation or something else where the chances are it'll go unnoticed by most of the members. Also, some of my questions are general questions related to set (o) and not only specific to Tier 1 entrepreneur, so if there is a separate thread, the non-tier 1 entrepreneur members may be able to help too. I understand your concern but I felt this needed a separate thread, sorry!