ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for PR surinder singh

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

modemfish
Newly Registered

British Citizenship for PR surinder singh

Post by modemfish » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:22 pm

Hi my wife (Malaysian) obtained eea pr 4/4/2017 through the surinder singh route. Myself being a British Citizen and together we lived in the Netherlands for 5 years. We moved to the Uk june 2011.
She wishes now to apply for British Citizenship.
Is there any direct guidance to follow? I seem to recall somewhere it was PR plus 1 year before she could apply? She already is life in the uk and language qualified.

Many Thanks Mike

secret.simon

Re: British Citizenship for PR surinder singh

Post by secret.simon » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:47 pm

If she has obtained a PR card, she can apply now, as the spouse of a British citizen, assuming of course that she meets the other requirements.

The one year after PR period applies to applicants who are not married to a British citizen.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

modemfish
Newly Registered

Re: British Citizenship for PR surinder singh

Post by modemfish » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:32 pm

Thanks a lot.
As a side question? as proof of residency. Can we use her PR for the prior 5 years (as this had to be proven for pr) and then just supply docs to cover apr 2017 onwards?Or do we need to provide docs for all 5 years?

Many Thanks Mike