ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused Entry.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

torx
Newly Registered

Refused Entry.

Post by torx » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:44 pm

Hi all my g/friend was refused entry at immigration at dublin airport last night,she is brazilian and had flew from rio to madrid and then dublin,they are sending her back tonight,my question is this,will they fly her back to madrid and then onto brazil or just madrid,I just talked to her a few minutes ago and they are putting her on a flight to madrid at 6pm tonight and shes worried what will happen in madrid.

Thanks.

ferrellk
Newly Registered

Post by ferrellk » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:28 pm

Did they say why they refused her?

torx
Newly Registered

Post by torx » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:18 pm

She had a return ticket for 2 weeks time,money,international credit card,travel insurance and hotel reservations but the gnib guy said because we are in a relationship and the return ticket had my northern ireland address on it (because I had bought it) and in his words "the north is only 100km up the road" that he thought she would come and live with me.I even suggested that she would report to any guardi station every few days,but he was having none of it.

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:17 pm

If they stamped her passport indicating that she was refused entry I would suggest that she applies for a new passport because this basically renders it useless for any kind of travel.

There is a perception that Brazilians are entering Ireland and working illegally, which is true to some extent. Its a pity that other Brazilians then suffer as a result of this.

Seems like a harsh decision by the GNIB.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:32 pm

Any chance of an update on this, Torx?

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Refused Entry.

Post by robsters » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:47 am

out of interest are you married to your girlfriend?

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Re: Refused Entry.

Post by 357mag » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:23 pm

what nationality are you torx?
If you are european surely you exercise treaty rights

ah just noticed shes gf not spouse
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.