ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Citizen Married to Non EU Citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

daniya
Newly Registered

Irish Citizen Married to Non EU Citizen

Post by daniya » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:54 pm

Hi,

I am an Irish citizen, we left ireland to come stay in Pakistan when i was 17 (now 25) got married around 7 months ago to a Pakistani citizen. We want to come to Ireland now, as I wish to study and my husband wants to work in Ireland. I am going to be applying for his visa, once this is done and we are in Ireland, what is the next step for him to apply for work permit and eventually get citizenship?

Also my husband owns couple of properties in another country from which he gets rental income,

in the visa form is it ok to declare this? there are around 10 properties and are basically family owned (joint) would this income be taxable even if he has a job and paying tax in Ireland?

Thank You.

kevo

Post by kevo » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:10 pm

just on the tax question, if he takes up permanent residence in Ireland, he will more than likely be taxable on his worldwide income.

i presume he's paying taxes on the income somewhere and, in this regard, depending on whether ireland has a tax treaty with the relevant country, he should be able to reduce his irish tax by the foreign taxes on same.

i'm not sure on the work permit/visa question, but i wouldn't think he'd need a work permit in Ireland as a husband of an Irish national.

daniya
Newly Registered

Post by daniya » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:15 pm

Thanks Kevo, really appreciate your help, the country he owns the property is a tax free country, the UAE, famously known to many as dubai, so don't know if this will be taxable.

Also I am suppose to write an "affidavit" to the irish consulate in pakistan statinng we are married and we want to go live there, is there any speciman for this, or i can just write some thing normal for this?

Also, he will be eligable for citizenship after 3 years of living in Ireland and then processing the application will take 2 years? what if we live here for 3 years and he has to move for business, are there any laws about this? I know "you must intend to live in ireland even after the 3 years"

Thanks

kevo

Post by kevo » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:32 pm

yes, he'll have to pay taxes (maybe not in his first year here though)

have no idea re your other questions, sorry

daniya
Newly Registered

Post by daniya » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:00 am

Thank You so much kevo for your help!