ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lawyer Advice For VAF4A Appendix 2 Confusing

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Graham1983
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Lawyer Advice For VAF4A Appendix 2 Confusing

Post by Graham1983 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:10 am

Hi everyone,

I'm from the UK my wife is from Belarus and we're applying for our first spouse VISA. I asked my employer to give me a letter showing my annual salary but my lawyer says it's non-compliant. She says I have to ask my employer for the last 12 months of gross pay and add that to the letter as well, but isn't that just the same as my gross salary? Both my employer and I are confused and after a second chat with my lawyer I still do not understand.

Secondly I earn above the 18600 threshold and I am catagory A, therefore regarding the form I missed the questions after that point to go on to section 3.21 as stated on the form. My lawyer has told me to fill out question 3.20 and put the same 12 months gross pay figure as stated in the amended employment letter.

I'm totally confused by all of this, I hope someone can shed some light on it. I'm meeting my lawyer for the last time this Tuesday before the application gets sent in so I'm starting to get stressed over this.

Thanks for your help

Katie_France
Russia

Re: Lawyer Advice For VAF4A Appendix 2 Confusing

Post by Katie_France » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:16 pm

As per the guidance the letter from employer should contain the following information:
1) the person’s employment and gross annual salary
2) the length of their employment
3) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
4) the type of employment (permanent, fixed term contract or agency)

Katie_France
Russia

Re: Lawyer Advice For VAF4A Appendix 2 Confusing

Post by Katie_France » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:24 pm

In Appendix 2 3.20 we wrote GBP 18600 (applied with no kids)
In 3.11 we wrote the gross annual salary
In 3.21 we wrote yes
In 3.22 we added N/A (because we had 6 months payslips)