ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Liable for detention

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vsp
Newly Registered
Virgin Islands - British

Liable for detention

Post by Vsp » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:41 pm

Hello,
I was in UK 5 years ago on student visa , at the end of visa I applied for extension and it was denied and I received " liable for detention " and to attend at UKBA , I booked my flight the same day and attended the appointment and gave them my airline ticket and said I will leave voluntarily and I did left with in 3 three weeks on the same airline ticket . After that I went to US , successfully done my masters degree , got the job and been in it for 2 years now , in future after another 3 years of job I want to do tier 1 200,000£ visa , what are my possibility of approval, am i going to be denied straight out , what are my chances of settlement in UK in future on that visa in case approved
Thanks

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Re: Liable for detention

Post by seasky » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:59 pm

Suggest more details if you want a proper response

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Liable for detention

Post by marcnath » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:24 am

Vsp wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:41 pm
Hello,
I was in UK 5 years ago on student visa , at the end of visa I applied for extension and it was denied and I received " liable for detention " and to attend at UKBA , I booked my flight the same day and attended the appointment and gave them my airline ticket and said I will leave voluntarily and I did left with in 3 three weeks on the same airline ticket . After that I went to US , successfully done my masters degree , got the job and been in it for 2 years now , in future after another 3 years of job I want to do tier 1 200,000£ visa , what are my possibility of approval, am i going to be denied straight out , what are my chances of settlement in UK in future on that visa in case approved
Thanks
It is impossible to say what the possibility of approval of any visa application would be.
But since you left the country voluntarily and on your own cost, you no longer are subject to a general ground for refusal based on the overstay itself.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.