ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"registration certificate" vs "residence card"

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

perezjulioc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

"registration certificate" vs "residence card"

Post by perezjulioc » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:41 pm

Hello Everyone, sorry if I am asking the question again, but the wording is driving crazy.
I am a citizen of an EEA country.
I applied for "Residence status" on November 2016 and I got the Blueish UK Residence Documentation for a National of an EEA State and in the type of document it says Registration Certificate and I assumed that was my "residence card"
I am now about to apply for British Citizenship and all the forms are ready to go and a made an appointment with the National Checking Service..however in their confirmation email it says that I need to bring..."Indefinite leave to remain (or permanence residence card if you are an EEA national and home office letter confirming PRC entitlement) now is the term permanence residence card the one that is throwing me off...questions:
is the permanence residence card they are asking for the same as my Registration certificate?
also I don't have home office letter confirming PRC entitlement, anyone knows if this is necessary and if so where do I get one??

Thanks for the help.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: "registration certificate" vs "residence card"

Post by chaoclive » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:24 pm

perezjulioc wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:41 pm
Hello Everyone, sorry if I am asking the question again, but the wording is driving crazy.
I am a citizen of an EEA country.
I applied for "Residence status" on November 2016 and I got the Blueish UK Residence Documentation for a National of an EEA State and in the type of document it says Registration Certificate and I assumed that was my "residence card"
I am now about to apply for British Citizenship and all the forms are ready to go and a made an appointment with the National Checking Service..however in their confirmation email it says that I need to bring..."Indefinite leave to remain (or permanence residence card if you are an EEA national and home office letter confirming PRC entitlement) now is the term permanence residence card the one that is throwing me off...questions:
is the permanence residence card they are asking for the same as my Registration certificate?
also I don't have home office letter confirming PRC entitlement, anyone knows if this is necessary and if so where do I get one??

Thanks for the help.
There's a big difference. A registration certificate is not a permanent registration card. You have to apply separately after having been present and exercising treaty rights in the UK for 5 years. See here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... dence-card.

The application generally takes a few months (hard to say exactly) and is a prerequisite for applying for British citizenship.

Have you already paid the £1000+ for the British citizenship application? I hope not!

perezjulioc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by perezjulioc » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:00 pm

Chaoclive, thank you very much for your help! I can confirm that you were right. Unfortunate that means that I will have to start the residence application process (still pondering if I now should wait until yhe new process is setup for EEA memebers after brexit) but fortunate I was able to find this before paying the fee for 3 people to the home office.

Kudos to you
Thanks afain

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:34 pm

perezjulioc wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:00 pm
Chaoclive, thank you very much for your help! I can confirm that you were right. Unfortunate that means that I will have to start the residence application process (still pondering if I now should wait until yhe new process is setup for EEA memebers after brexit) but fortunate I was able to find this before paying the fee for 3 people to the home office.

Kudos to you
Thanks afain
If I were you, I wouldn't be waiting. You never know that might happen. If it is possible to apply for PR now and get British citizenship I'd done that. No-one actually knows when the new settled status process will be launched or what it will entail.

There's lots of info on here about PR and many people have applied so getting answers shouldn't be too difficult.

Good luck!

perezjulioc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

how to apply for my daughter??

Post by perezjulioc » Sun May 06, 2018 1:18 pm

Hello Everyone, after successfully following and advise from this board, my wife and I got our Residence Card and are ready to apply for British Citizenship, HOWEVER our daughter got her residence card refused and we don't understand very much why....

The scenario
The 3 of us came together to the UK 18 years ago as members of an EEA state and exercising treaty rights.
My daughter was then 9 years old and of course was with us all the time.
She finished primary school, the secondary school, then college and finally did an university degree here in England, she has work since she was 18 but only part time while in education and only full time since 2014
Of course she is now 26 years old and moved away from home about 3-4 years ago.
The 3 of us want to become English citizens and started all the paper work together.
We all filled up the online application separately but at the same time and send all the paper work together
My application went through fine and My residence status is dated 2006
My wife's also went fine and her residence status is dated 2007
My daughters residence status was denied stating that she has not work here enough years to support herself and that the studies she has done here don't demonstrate she had "private insurance" and that she was not a burden to the state????

I do not understand as she was living with us for at least 11 years and fully dependent not only of us but also of being part of my private medical insurance and as part of the right to health for EEA citizens?

Does any one understands what went wrong?
How do I fix this?
In the refusal letter says that she can appeal (however when we follow the link, the appealing process is for any other kind of refusal than the residency status) or that she can apply again...
If we were to apply again, what should we change in her application so that people understand that she was a little girl when she came to this country and fully dependent of us and that she should have the same residence status as us?

Thanks again for your fantastic support

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 06, 2018 3:26 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 06, 2018 3:37 pm

Your daughter may apply for confirmation of PR as a family member, acquired at a time she was under 21.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

perezjulioc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by perezjulioc » Tue May 08, 2018 6:37 pm

Hello vinny, why do you think this post should be merge with my prior one?

This issue is totally different from that one.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 08, 2018 11:45 pm

Well, before your daughter was 21, she was your family member. Similar to wife. Are you all EEA nationals?

perezjulioc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by perezjulioc » Wed May 09, 2018 7:53 am

Hello Vinny and thank you.

Yes, my daughter has always have a EEA passport.

So you saying that she may apply for confirmation of Permanent Residence as a family member? do you know if such form exists?

I have been looking but the only form that I find is the one below, which was one the one we filled up for her and was refused.
https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-cer ... -residence

Thanks again for the help.

P.S my other comment about merging both post was that this situation is now different and that is why I though to have it separately.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 09, 2018 9:45 am

If you were a qualified person for at least 5 years prior to your daughter's 21st birthday, with her being in the UK continuously with you, and she hasn't been absent from the UK for more than 2 years since then, then they were probably wrong to refuse.

perezjulioc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by perezjulioc » Wed May 09, 2018 10:02 am

hello Vinny, yes my Residence was approved/issued from 2006 and My wife's from 2007 and our daughter has been always with us and never been absent from the UK for more than 20 days.

yes I believe they were wrong to refuse but I cannot a link to appeal (there are links for appealing every other process but not for this one) or a phone number to call and that is why I am trying to find out if there is any other application that we can fill now...

Any pointers will be gratefully welcome

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 09, 2018 12:37 pm