ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 PBS extension and maintenance funds

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Malikf
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 PBS extension and maintenance funds

Post by Malikf » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:27 am

Hi guys. Will appreciate your help on this one. I am trying to extend the visa for my wife and daughter. As per the guidance related to PBS Dependants, they do not have to show maintenance funds as I (main applicant) was exempted from it during my last extension. The guidance is as below:

"82. If you apply separately from the main applicant you will need to have the necessary funds to meet the maintenance requirement or have a written undertaking from an A-rated Sponsor, unless the main applicant already had leave in a Tier 2 category and when applying for their most recent period of Tier 2 leave was not required to show evidence of satisfying maintenance requirements. "

However, when I am trying to apply for extension from within UK, the online portal does not let me proceed without entering details of maintenance requirements and does not give an option that they are exempted. Could you please advise me how to proceed with the application? I tried to write N/A but it still wants me to verify that I will attach bank/building society's letter. I do not want to verify it since it may be grounds for rejection when I submit it.

I have emailed Home Office's technical team as well but was wondering if someone has been in this situation.

vsan86
India

Re: Tier 2 PBS extension and maintenance funds

Post by vsan86 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:31 am

Hi, as you are applying separately for extension of your dependents as per guidance you need to show maintenance funds. I have done this for my dependent recently by providing bank statements.

Malikf
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 PBS extension and maintenance funds

Post by Malikf » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:16 pm

Thank you for your reply but I think one of us is not understanding the statement correctly.