ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Visa Documents Needed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

susmita09
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 General Visa Documents Needed

Post by susmita09 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:30 pm

susmita09 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:17 am
CR001 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:40 am
susmita09 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:26 am
--> This is the exact question i have been asking. As there is no COS category such as Tier 2 - General -Existing Hire, the COS says new hire. But in the RCOS application as well when we applied to Tier 2 Sponsorship Licence we had specifically mentioned the its for Existing employee. In this case do i need to show any records for my employment ? I am not attaching a new contract if at all I am going to attach the Old one from 1st August 2016 with Salary Slips.
You are confusing things. You are NEW HIRE if you are applying for a tier 2 visa outside the UK and you currently hold a PBS dependent visa.

The new hire DOES NOT refer to your JOB but to the CoS and Tier 2 visa application.
Thanks a lot for the response it makes sense, if you can help me with the above questions as well it would be great.
Team any updates would be very welcome.

vsan86
India

Post by vsan86 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:45 am

susmita09 wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:30 pm
Hi CR001 thanks a lot for your help so far it makes sense to me how things work and i would be providing information accordingly.
I am in my last stages and started on my application there are a few last doubts i had if you can clarify those it would be great -

A. Site to apply from, I have found below two sites & am unsure which application form i should fill -
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... type/tier2
or
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

As I am applying from outside UK i believe it should be Vsa4uk site.

B. Within Visa4uk site there are two different froms for tier 2 General visa -
1. Tier 2 Visa General
2. Tier 2 Visa General [Shortage of Occupation].

Since my job is listed on shortage of occupation list & COS is assigned against it should i user Tier 2 General [SOC]. I am confused as this option is not on gov.uk site at all.

C. Last question is around the application form itself. In all application forms i have to provide information of my stay in UK in last 10 years. In the form i cant put future date as i am currently still in UK and filling the form during this time.For example, If i am filling the form on 11th march to booking a Visa appointment for 20th march. If i then travel to my home country on 18th of March, the immigration stamp on my passport would show 18th March but in the application form i cant put a future date so the max date i can put is 11th March. Is there a way around this ?

Regards,
Susmita
you need to apply from visa4uk website. you need to select tier 2 general shortage occupation category (if your COS mentions it). For tier 2 general shortage occupation category, visa fee will be a bit less than tier 2 general.

susmita09
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by susmita09 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:03 pm

vsan86 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:45 am
susmita09 wrote:
Hi CR001 thanks a lot for your help so far it makes sense to me how things work and i would be providing information accordingly.
I am in my last stages and started on my application there are a few last doubts i had if you can clarify those it would be great -

A. Site to apply from, I have found below two sites & am unsure which application form i should fill -
or

1. Tier 2 Visa General

Since my job is listed on shortage of occupation list & COS is assigned against it should i user Tier 2 General [SOC]. I am confused as this option is not on gov.uk site at all.

C. Last question is around the application form itself. In all application forms i have to provide information of my stay in UK in last 10 years. In the form i cant put future date as i am currently still in UK and filling the form during this time.For example, If i am filling the form on 11th march to booking a Visa appointment for 20th march. If i then travel to my home country on 18th of March, the immigration stamp on my passport would show 18th March but in the application form i cant put a future date so the max date i can put is 11th March. Is there a way around this ?

Regards,
Susmita
you need to apply from visa4uk website. you need to select tier 2 general shortage occupation category (if your COS mentions it). For tier 2 general shortage occupation category, visa fee will be a bit less than tier 2 general.
Thanks a lot this clarifies the site to apply for. The COS doesn't explicitly say that its a SOC COS, but the COS application had a place were SOC code was put. In the COS it states no RTLM was done as job falls under Shortage of Occupation. I hope this should suffice and we should apply for Tier 2 SOC application form.

vsan86
India

Post by vsan86 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:06 pm

Yes, if COS mentions your job falls under shortage occupation you can apply for tier 2 general shortage occupation visa.

susmita09
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by susmita09 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:20 pm

susmita09 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:03 pm
vsan86 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:45 am
susmita09 wrote:

or

1. Tier 2 Visa General

Regards,
Susmita
Thanks a lot this clarifies the site to apply for. The COS doesn't explicitly say that its a SOC COS, but the COS application had a place were SOC code was put. In the COS it states no RTLM was done as job falls under Shortage of Occupation. I hope this should suffice and we should apply for Tier 2 SOC application form.
Thanks this helps a lot :) Would be putting in application this week and would let you know how it goes. The guys on the forum have been very helpful.