ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for tier 2 general from Tier 2 Long term visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aita
Newly Registered
India

Applying for tier 2 general from Tier 2 Long term visa

Post by aita » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:55 pm

Hi All
I am new to this board and kindly excuse my ignorance if the below query is already answered

I am on "Tier2 (ICT) Established Staff" visa category (first stamping on 20th March 2011 and first came to UK on 31st Aug 2011) and continuing without gaps in Visa through extensions in UK through my employer.

1. Please may i kindly be advised on when i can apply for ILR based on 10 years residence rule- will that be Feb/March 2021 or July/Aug 2021?

2. In the interim, if i change to Tier2 General(which i am eligible to) will the 10 years ILR clock still applicable i.e. can i be eligible for ILR by either Feb/March 2021 or July/Aug 2021 please?

Thanks in advance
aita

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for tier 2 general from Tier 2 Long term visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:49 am

1. Please may i kindly be advised on when i can apply for ILR based on 10 years residence rule- will that be Feb/March 2021 or July/Aug 2021?
For Long Residence ILR, it starts counting from the date you ENTERED the UK, so no sooner than within 28 days of that date in July/August 2021.
2. In the interim, if i change to Tier2 General(which i am eligible to) will the 10 years ILR clock still applicable i.e. can i be eligible for ILR by either Feb/March 2021 or July/Aug 2021 please?
All visas count towards long residence ILR. You will only qualify in July/August 2021, provided you meet all the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aita
Newly Registered
India

Re: Applying for tier 2 general from Tier 2 Long term visa

Post by aita » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:27 pm

Thank you CR001 for your valuable inputs...

Thanks
aita