ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partner Irish citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nameskuty
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Partner Irish citizen

Post by Nameskuty » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:36 pm

Hello I'm married to an Irish citizen and we are planning to move back to Ireland, I don't need a visa to enter the country.
Can I go directly to the GNIB and get my permition to remain?
The only documents that I have to present are both passports, married certificate and proof of address? Presenting that I'll get a permission to stay for how long?
Thank you guys

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Partner Irish citizen

Post by Zoot7 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:43 am

Yes you can go directly to the GNIB - Just be aware if you're in Dublin, you'll need an appointment at the Burgh Quay office, and it can take nearly 2 months to get it. If you're outside Dublin, it's much easier, just pay the local immigration officer a visit, it's mostly walk-in.

You'll get Stamp 4 for 3 years if you're married to an Irish Citizen, and it's free.

Bring the following:
  • Both your passports
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Proof of Address for both of you (Me and my wife were never asked for this, your mileage may vary)
Details are on the INIS website here, the first method is the one you'll be doing.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/wp07000024