ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium Service booked but need to cancel dependant's appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prab007
Newly Registered
Nepal

Premium Service booked but need to cancel dependant's appointment

Post by prab007 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:45 am

Dear All,

I am in a bit of mess at the moment. I made a Joint premium service appointment for 16 March 2018 for ILR through 5 year route for me and my wife. I realised only a couple of days ago that my wife is not eligible yet and need to wait for 1 more year. Her current Tier 2 dependant visa is valid until next year. My question is will I be able to cancel her appointment on the day itself? I contacted UKVI but they asked me to email them which I have done and got a reply that they will reply within 10 days but my appointment is on Friday. I went to the website to cancel appointment but there is no option to cancel for second applicant only.

I only want to cancel her appointment but want to keep my appointment.

Any help would be much appreciated :) .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Premium Service booked but need to cancel dependant's appointment

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:53 am

My question is will I be able to cancel her appointment on the day itself?
No, I don't believe this is possible.

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ppointment

Not sure as your presumably selected Set(O) main plus 1.

Helpful also if you stated what your wifes' immigration history is and date of entry etc. :idea: :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

prab007
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by prab007 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:11 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:53 am
My question is will I be able to cancel her appointment on the day itself?
No, I don't believe this is possible.

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ppointment

Not sure as your presumably selected Set(O) main plus 1.

Helpful also if you stated what your wifes' immigration history is and date of entry etc. :idea: :idea:
Thank you for your quick reply. My wife came as student on september 2009. I got Tier 2 visa on March 2013 and we got married on July 2013. Her tier 2 dependant visa was issued on 28 Feb 2014 so I assume that she is not eligible yet and need to wait 1 more year.

Also I emailed UKVI for cancellation for her appointment yesterday. Would it be OK if I go for the interview.

Many Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:12 pm

Yes, she only qualifies next year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shazzzz
BANNED

Post by Shazzzz » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:16 pm

Hi I think it might be helpful if you go to your nearest premium centre and tell them the whole story they might help you.. I think it worth trying that

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:22 pm

Shazzzz wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:16 pm
Hi I think it might be helpful if you go to your nearest premium centre and tell them the whole story they might help you.. I think it worth trying that
It is not a 'walk in service'. Unless OP goes on his appointment day, he won't even be allowed in the building.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

prab007
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by prab007 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:30 pm

Thanks. Would you recommend to go for my appointment? I tried to change the dates for not available for the next 45 days.

prab007
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by prab007 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:40 pm

Hi All!

I have received my ILR today. Spoke with them regarding refund at the reception and they said the refund will be processed. I would recommend anyone who have the same issue is to email them as early as possible and take a print out of it incase they ask for it. Also would advise to put a note of it in the covering letter.

BD23
Newly Registered
India

Post by BD23 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:24 pm

prab007 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:45 am
Dear All,

I am in a bit of mess at the moment. I made a Joint premium service appointment for 16 March 2018 for ILR through 5 year route for me and my wife. I realised only a couple of days ago that my wife is not eligible yet and need to wait for 1 more year. Her current Tier 2 dependant visa is valid until next year. My question is will I be able to cancel her appointment on the day itself? I contacted UKVI but they asked me to email them which I have done and got a reply that they will reply within 10 days but my appointment is on Friday. I went to the website to cancel appointment but there is no option to cancel for second applicant only.

I only want to cancel her appointment but want to keep my appointment.

Any help would be much appreciated :) .
Hi prab007,

I am also on the same boat, i also booked both appointments, my self and my dependant but just now we realised my dependant is not eligible now, so i want to cancel only my dependant appointment, am unable to do it online and am not able to find email address to send request, can you please give me the mail which you have sent cancellation request

Its vey urgent for me, please help me in this

Kind Regards
BD