ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Very confused about spouse visa, i`m IRISH

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

daniya
Newly Registered

Very confused about spouse visa, i`m IRISH

Post by daniya » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:21 am

Hi,

I moved to Pakistan to be with my mother when i was 17 in 2001, it's been almost 6 years, i got married 7 months back. I wish to return to Ireland with my husband.

The consulate at first said we need to apply for my husband's spouse visa, i called them again to ask about the "covering letter" on how to draft it, and they said that if you don't reside in Ireland any more, then you need to apply for a visit visa for your husband?

Is that true? I`m dependant on my husband as he is the supporting partner and very well established, should i ignore the consulate person and apply "join spouse" visa along with bank statements and financial supporting documents? Or go there on visit?

The thing is because of Pakistan origin, it is very very difficult to get visit visa, with lots and lots of requirements.

Please advise.

Your response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Distressed & Depressed

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:35 am

It depends on what type of visa you want to get. If you only wanted your husband to visit, it would make sense to apply for a Tourist visa. As you want your husband to join you in Ireland, you should apply for a Spouse visa. This should take 6-8 weeks to process if the application is forwarded on to Dublin. It could be shorter depending on the Embassy processing it (i.e. if they decide on applications themselves).

You should provide lots of proof of your relationship, and that your husband " will not be burden on the State", i.e. proof of finances. The fact he is from Pakistan won't be the deciding factor in your case, but more that the Dept of Justice are concerned about "marriages of convenience", so you need to prove that yours is not one. I'd show lots of documentation about how long you've been there, and documentation of your relationship. Even though they dont specifically ask for any particular documents, the more you provide, the better chance you have.

Best of luck!

daniya
Newly Registered

Post by daniya » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:54 am

Thank you, your post really helps me.

I`m attaching 10 pictures of my receptoion and 10 pictures from my spouse's reception, my husbands venue booking receipts, catering receipts, also a dvd of our wedding as it was covered, would all these things help or am i overdoing it?

Also what would be a sufficient amount for us to take so immigration officer doesn't think we wil burden the state in anyway?

Also my husband owns some properties in Dubai, would it be appropriate for him to attach ownership documents such as contracts with the developers with the application or bank statement would be enough?

I really want to go home and take my spouse along, as the law and order situation is getting worse here!

Thanks

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:58 pm

I think rather than labour the point that you got married, you could submit things like Utility bills in both of your names, or Bank Accounts registered to both of you. Basically things that show you have been living together and are in a relationship.

daniya
Newly Registered

Post by daniya » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:09 pm

Thank you for the info, unfortunately we don't have either, no bank account together, and we live in a joint family system, culture here, hence utility bills are not of either of us.

Should my husband apply for

Join Spouse visa

or

Family member of an Irish national?

I also got my old passport which shows i got a visa to pakistan when i moved to Pakistan 6 yrs back, and then eventually got my pakistani passport too, henceforth i`ll send that visa and entry/exit stamps as proof.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:56 am

You might also consider the UK. There is a large Pakistani community here if that is of interest.

Do you have children? Are either of you planning to work or will you live off investments?

daniya
Newly Registered

Post by daniya » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:32 am

Hi,

Thanks, i prefer Ireland over UK because thats my home, we will be living of our savings for 4-5 months and eventually work as soon as we find jobs etc.

Also UK will take my husband 5 years, compared to 3 years of naturlisation in Ireland? for my husband to be naturlized and granted citizenship

Thanks

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:36 pm

daniya wrote:Hi,

Thanks, i prefer Ireland over UK because thats my home, we will be living of our savings for 4-5 months and eventually work as soon as we find jobs etc.

Also UK will take my husband 5 years, compared to 3 years of naturlisation in Ireland? for my husband to be naturlized and granted citizenship

Thanks
Not quite so simple. It would probably take the same amount of time. The waiting time in Ireland is approximately 2.5-3 years so it would take your husband about 6 years before he will be an Irish citizen. That is if they dont refuse him because the minister may do this without explaining why. Be sure to carefully read the posts regarding immigration to Ireland. Just because you're Irish doesnt mean it will be an easy ride, in fact its quite the opposite.

daniya
Newly Registered

Post by daniya » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:55 pm

Hi,

Thank you guys for your continuous help.

Also i want reading the application form.

I want to apply for him "D" Visa Single Entry, however reason for travel should i put "Join Spouse" or in other put Family of Irish National? Because we both do not reside in Ireland right now, we both will be moving together to Ireland after my husband's visa arrives. Is that ok?

Also they want me to write an undertaking, that I am taking my husband with me any one can offer help in drafting this? They also want me to prove my residence in Pakistan, I have a Pakistan visa on my irish passport, and I also got a pakistani passport as i claimed it through my decent after coming to Pakistan on a visit visa.

Thank You guys

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:14 am

daniya wrote:Hi,

Thanks
Is Northern Ireland an option? (although I wouldn't suggest it for this reason alone).

daniya
Newly Registered

Post by daniya » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:42 am

Actually I have my own house in dublin/Ireland henceforth that is the best option right now.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:21 am

Daniya: There is only 1 visa application form for Visas to Ireland (tourist or spousal visa) so I wouldn't worry about it. Just write on the top of the application form "to Join Irish Spouse in Ireland" or something like that. It's fine that you will be traveling together and not that you are there first.

In the undertaking you need to outline that you will be his benefactor and state that he will not have to rely on State aid upon arrival. Enclose any documentation you have from your time in Pakistan to show you lived there (Visa stamps, registration with local authority stamps, bank statements, letters to you at an address there etc.). Any of those not written in English should be translated.

daniya
Newly Registered

Post by daniya » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:52 am

Thank you for the help, we will be applying very soon, his account shows around 15000 euros, is that enough or should there be more?

Thanks