ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help with BC application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

estirichy

help with BC application

Post by estirichy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:07 pm

Hi gurus

I have a somewhat complicated pending application for a family member, and I need some guidance before i help him apply.

He entered UK 2004 as a visitor(I am not sure if his status between 2004 and 2007 will affect application)
In 2007, he got 5years visa as dependent of EEA mother
in Sep 2012, he received his permanent residence card
now in 2018 he wants to apply for naturalization

My questions are

1.According to section 2.1 of the application form and guidance notes, Enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis, and the airport or seaport through which you then entered,

Will this be the day of arrival in 2004 or in 2007 when he was given a 5year dependent visa.

2. He has been working ever since even before the permanent resident card (PR) was issued to him,
does he need to send all his p60 since then or only for the last 5years, i'e 2013-2018?

3. Do we need to fill out section 2.4 of the application form, or does this not apply
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 02-18_.pdf
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... feb-18.pdf

4. In terms of residence requirement her has satisfies the absences requiremnt, but I am not sure what the qualifying period will be for him, since he had his PR in 2012, and have waited till 2018, almost 6years after before applying, do we send documents from 2012-2018 or from 2007-2012 when the PR was issued, or 2007 to 2018?

Which documents should be be send with the application, apart from passport and PR card?
Any other advice from those with the experience will be greatly appreciated

Finally do you think this will be a straight forward application or should we involve a solicitor

Many thanks for your help

Estirichy

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: help with BC application

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:32 pm

estirichy wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:07 pm
Hi gurus

I have a somewhat complicated pending application for a family member, and I need some guidance before i help him apply. why do you think it is complicated?

He entered UK 2004 as a visitor(I am not sure if his status between 2004 and 2007 will affect application)
In 2007, he got 5years visa as dependent of EEA mother
in Sep 2012, he received his permanent residence card
now in 2018 he wants to apply for naturalization

My questions are

1.According to section 2.1 of the application form and guidance notes, Enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis, and the airport or seaport through which you then entered,

Will this be the day of arrival in 2004 or in 2007 when he was given a 5year dependent visa. this should be the date he entered in the uk as a migrant which is 2007 and not as a visitor unless he overstayed the visitors visa

2. He has been working ever since even before the permanent resident card (PR) was issued to him,
does he need to send all his p60 since then or only for the last 5years, i'e 2013-2018? His passport will do if he is a family member of EEA National. To play safe, add p60 for the last 5yrs.

3. Do we need to fill out section 2.4 of the application form, or does this not apply
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 02-18_.pdf
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... feb-18.pdf. Yes. Add yr PR card no plus date of issue

4. In terms of residence requirement her has satisfies the absences requiremnt, but I am not sure what the qualifying period will be for him, since he had his PR in 2012, and have waited till 2018, almost 6years after before applying, do we send documents from 2012-2018 or from 2007-2012 when the PR was issued, or 2007 to 2018? meets requirement based on no of years he has held PR card. Need documents for last 5 yrs

Which documents should be be send with the application, apart from passport and PR card?
Any other advice from those with the experience will be greatly appreciated. Life in the UK test certificate plus the ID used to take the test, English language requirement

Finally do you think this will be a straight forward application or should we involve a solicitor .if the person does not have skeletons in the cupboard under good character and meets the residency requirements, you should not need a solicitor

Many thanks for your help

Estirichy

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:42 pm

Apologies for not getting the highlighting of my responses right

estirichy

Post by estirichy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:59 pm

thanks Hstepper07 for your quick response,

I smentioned complicated because of his early immigration status between 2004 to 2007, and so the fact that I am not sure if the resident qualifying period to use is 2007 to 2012 or 2013-2018.

But I now understand the period should be last 5year i.e 2013-2018, many thanks

I am not sure if he overstayed his visit, yet to find out, but do you think this will be a problem if he did?

thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:02 pm

Hstepper07 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:42 pm
Apologies for not getting the highlighting of my responses right
I've edited your post for you. :)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:04 pm

As long as he is not illegal within the last 10 years preceding the application

estirichy

Post by estirichy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:26 pm

Hstepper07 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:04 pm
As long as he is not illegal within the last 10 years preceding the application
Hi Hstepper07
With Regards to this question/ concern

Will this be the day of arrival in 2004 or in 2007 when he was given a 5year dependent visa. this should be the date he entered in the uk as a migrant which is 2007 and not as a visitor unless he overstayed the visitors visa

I have now learnt that he only entered the uk once, in 2004, with a different name to the old he has now... I am thinking this doesn't sound good, especially since the current name on the PR has no entry in my opinion, I believe he changed his name to apply as a family member of EEA national.
In your view what are his chances of succesfull application,

If we are to use his 1st day of entry as a visitor (when he overstayed) even though this was more than 11-12 years ago, do you think this might be counted as breach in immigration law and hence refusal?

Thanks for you help