ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(DL) FOR INDEFINITE LEAVE WAITING TIME

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fimboz

FLR(DL) FOR INDEFINITE LEAVE WAITING TIME

Post by fimboz » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:55 pm

What is the average waiting time when applying for indefinite leave to remain using form FLR(DL)? Is it six months for a straightforward case case or its more than that?

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(DL) FOR INDEFINITE LEAVE WAITING TIME

Post by CMOSUK » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:10 pm

fimboz wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:55 pm
What is the average waiting time when applying for indefinite leave to remain using form FLR(DL)? Is it six months for a straightforward case case or its more than that?
Settlement applications on the form FLR(DL), from my understanding, don't have a service standard as the route taken to be eligible to apply for settlement using this form, is granted outside of the Immigration Rules.

Can you confirm your type of leave to remain?

Are you applying after 6 years of DL, after being granted DL from a previously failed/refused asylum application?
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:28 pm

6 year after DL granted in 2011

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:30 pm

I applied for settlement post six years DL from a previously failed/refused asylum application?

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:32 pm

fimboz wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:30 pm
I applied for settlement post six years DL from a previously failed/refused asylum application?
Sorry I should have rephrased that, what I meant was, where you granted DL from a previously refused/failed asylum application?
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:16 am

I applied for asylum in 2009 and this was refused. In 2011 I was granted discretionary leave after asylum refusal. In September I applied for settlement using DL form and so far nothing hence my question regarding response times.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:50 am

fimboz wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:16 am
I applied for asylum in 2009 and this was refused. In 2011 I was granted discretionary leave after asylum refusal. In September I applied for settlement using DL form and so far nothing hence my question regarding response times.
As stated in a previous post up above, as these type of leave to remain are granted outside of the Immigration Rules, my understanding is, they do not have a service standard time, generally these type of cases are not straightforward either and tend to take longer a decision depending on how complex your case is.

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:46 pm

On the 2nd of March I wrote to UKVIS and requested they expedite my application (its six months since date of application). They stated that they are unable to expedite the decision and are unable to provide specific timescales for when a decision will be made. I paid £2297 and I think waiting for longer than six months is paying for a shoddy service. In terms of complaints is there anything else I can do?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:17 am

In terms of complaints is there anything else I can do?
No, not really.
CMOSUK wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:50 am
As stated in a previous post up above, as these type of leave to remain are granted outside of the Immigration Rules, my understanding is, they do not have a service standard time, generally these type of cases are not straightforward either and tend to take longer a decision depending on how complex your case is.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:42 pm

After a very long wait I have got a response from the UKVI. They wrote that they are in the process of considering my application, however, before they make the decision they require evidence that I am taking care of my son. This can be in the form of school letters, doctors letters, proof that I pay child maintenance and etc.

Now my problem is this. My son is 22 years old and does not live at home. He left two years ago. So what can I provide that shows that there is a relationship between myself and him. Mind you at the first grant of DLR to my son was 15 and the second grant of DLR was when my son was 18. At both these points I was paying maintenance which stopped when he reached 17 years old. However, we do have a relationship but hoiw do I prove that?

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:40 pm

UPDATE

I was granted indefinite leave to remain on the 18th of April 2018 following a DLR postal application. My timeline is as follows:

Application sent 24 September 2017
Biometrics done 10 October 2017
Further information requested 21 March 2017

Granted indefinite leave to remain on 2018

All in all it took six months and two weeks.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:55 pm

Congrats.

Could you provide details of what documents where supplied to support your application of ILR please.

fimboz

DLR LEAVE TO INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN POSTAL APPLICATION SUCCESS STORY

Post by fimboz » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:51 am

I would like to share with you my experience in order to help or reassure somebody. This is my story:

November 1998 Came to the UK on a visitors visa

January 1999 Got a student visa for three years

May 2002 Granted a 5 year work permit visa

April 2007 Application for indefinite leave to remain was refused on the basis of criminal convictions (traffic offences)

2007-2008 Appealed but all appeals failed

January 2009 Arrested by immigration and advised to seek asylum because of the humanitarian situation in country of origin

August 2009 Asylum application refused

March 2010 All appeal rights exhausted

November 2010 I made a fresh asylum submission which was refused in December 2010

March 2011 I wrote a letter to the Home Office seeking a reconsideration of my case. Within two days granted DISCRETIONARY LEAVE TO REMAIN (for a reason outside immigration rules-the reason was never made clear).

February 2014 Applied for extension of discretionary leave (took Home Office 18 months to make a decision)
July 2015 Letter received from home office requesting proof that there was a subsisting relationship between my and my 17 year old son. Documents provided that very July.

August 2015 Granted another 3 years

24 September 2017 Applied for settlement using set DLR and made a postal application

Document received by HO : 28/09/2017

Biometric Letter received : 11/10/2017

Date Biometrics Enrolled : 18/10/2017

Further information requested : 21/03/2018

Approval Received : 21/04/2018 (settlement (indefinite leave granted) without conditions)

BRP Card Received : 21/04/2018

APPLICATION TOOK SIX MONTHS AND TWO WEEKS FOR IT TO BE APPROVED

Documents Send With Application

P6Os from 2011
Bank statements
Council Tax Bills
Bank Statements
12 x payslips
Documentation from tax office
Evidence of financial support towards my 21 year old son
Letter of mitigating circumstances regarding traffic offences

I hope this helps somebody with a discretionary leave applying for settlement. I trawled the discussion boards for information but my case was unique and there was limited information. I am sure there are many others who might fall into my bracket and hope that my story will inspire and reassure them. Good luck to all those waiting.

Buckshee
Newly Registered

Re: DLR LEAVE TO INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN POSTAL APPLICATION SUCCESS STORY

Post by Buckshee » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:25 pm

Congratulations. Well done.

Pinky5688
Cambodia

Post by Pinky5688 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:31 pm

Well done.Congratulations.

How many years of bank statements and council tax bills did you submit with your application?

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:07 pm

@Pinky

I submitted banks statements going back six months as well as council tax bills going back six years.

krisbol17
Wales

Post by krisbol17 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:54 am

@CMOSUK In case you haven't seen @Fimboz post yet (you probably already have), this is where he mentions documents he submitted.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/dlr-leave-to ... R#p1628827

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 02, 2018 9:44 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Wed May 02, 2018 11:08 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 9:44 am
Topics Merged (click)
krisbol17 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 8:54 am
@CMOSUK In case you haven't seen @Fimboz post yet (you probably already have), this is where he mentions documents he submitted.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/dlr-leave-to ... R#p1628827
Thank you.