ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (LR) Application: Potential danger of rejection as Invalid

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

salarzai
Newly Registered

FLR (LR) Application: Potential danger of rejection as Invalid

Post by salarzai » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:53 pm

Hi all,

I have been legally and continuously staying here in the UK from December 2007 on a student visa without any break. In September 2017 I applied for a Tier 4 visa extension, which was refused on 14th February 2018 and I received it on 16th Feb 2018.The total time I have spent outside of the UK in the last 10 years are less than 80 days.

I had the option either to apply for an administrative review or apply for another visa.
It is worth mentioning that in the last
I opted for another visa, where I could either apply for ILR (LR) or FLR (LR).
I opted to apply for FLR (LR) becasue the Home Office retained my passports as I had no other ID to appear in Life in the UK test. Along with My FLR (LR) application I submitted a detailed covering letter that explained everything and mentioned that my passports are retained by the Home Office.
I submitted my FLR (LR) application on 23rd Feb 2018 by post, (IHS surcharge of £400.00 deposited on 22nd Feb 2018 online) and the applcation fee of £993.00 deducted on 27th Feb 2018. Biometric done on 06th March 2018.
However, I received another letter issued on 10th March saying that My Application is Not Yet Valid as I have not submitted my passport or Travel document and that I have not deposited the application fee. They have given me ten working days to submit these deficiencies otherwise they will reject my application as invalid.
Again I received another letter from the UKVI saying that the 14 calendar days of Administrative Review are passed and that the Home Office understands that I have submitted another application. It also mentions that they will return my passports only when I leave this country or when my application for another visa is successful. But this letter is from Salford centre and the one that mentions the deficiency of documents is from the Sheffield Office.
Otherwise I have clearly mentioned in my covering letter that my Passports are withe the HOme Office.
I should mention here that I am not taking any help from any solicitor rather I have followed this forum and read other people posts.
Can someone kindly guide me what should I do here in this case please?
Your early response will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

S.

vinny

Re: FLR (LR) Application: Potential danger of rejection as Invalid

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:52 am

Answer their letter in writing confirming they have your passport and payments.

I think you should be okay.
Long Residence wrote:10 years continuous lawful residence
This page tells you how to decide whether an applicant has been continually lawfully resident in the UK when considering long residence applications.

Once an applicant has built up a period of 10 years continuous lawful residence, there is no limit on the length of time afterwards when they can apply. This means they could leave the UK, re-enter on any lawful basis, and apply for settlement from within the UK based on a 10 year period of continuous lawful residence they built up in the past. There is also nothing to prevent a person relying on a 10 year period that they may have relied on in a previous application or grant.
Time the applicant has spent in the UK with 3C leave also counts towards lawful residence. You can find more information on time awaiting a decision on an application or an appeal.
This reflects the wording “has had” in

276B.
The requirements to be met by an applicant for indefinite leave to remain on the ground of long residence in the United Kingdom are that:
  • (i) (a) he has had at least 10 years continuous lawful residence in the United Kingdom.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

salarzai
Newly Registered

Post by salarzai » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:56 am

Dear Vinny,

Many thanks for your prompt reply. I have written to them with detailed explanation.
Kind regards
S.

salarzai
Newly Registered

Post by salarzai » Fri May 04, 2018 11:13 pm

Hi,

I have mentioned my immigration history in the beginning of this thread. Whilst I am still waiting for the decision of my FLR LR application. I was just wondering whether or not I am allowed to work here in the UK?
Waiting for your kind reply.

S.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:12 am

Congratulations!

FLR(LR).
ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.