ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application in 2 weeks, advice please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sarajulldin
Newly Registered

ILR Application in 2 weeks, advice please

Post by sarajulldin » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:25 pm

Hello,

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

My wife's visa is due to expire on te 18th of April. I am planning to make the application on the 16th of April, this is due to it being 28 days before she had been in the UK for 2 years.

Immmgration I have this slot to apply, otherwise there would not consider.

I am due to make the application in person at the Liverpool office on the 16th.

Has anyone been there? done it? and any advice on what that is like.

Also I am conerned in regards to our finances and documentation.

I work full time on a 900 pound wage monthly currently as a trainee team manager, i have all the wage slips and bank statements to show this, however we currently having some difficulties in finances, our statements show that i get paid, but my account stays in overdraft majority of the time.

Would this be a problem?

Also we only realised about 3 months ago in regards to the 20 documentation over 2 years, fourtunly we had a joint bank account and have these statements, and just 1 gas bill and 1 electicity bill. Thats all we have in her name, i have plenty in my name, and this is due to living with my parents and majority of the household bills are on there names.

Any advice on this? any help would be much appreciated.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:52 pm

Thats all we have in her name
I'm going to stick my neck out and say ..... I don't believe it! What, no NHS card? No letter from the GPs surgery about smear test? Nothing at all from any Government department or your local authority? No insurance of any type whatsoever? AA/RAC/similar membership?

As the form SET(M) makes clear there are many more possibilities than just bills.
John

sarajulldin
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by sarajulldin » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:10 pm

Thanks John, in regards to GP letters, majority we threw away.

Well today, we have got a letter from GP with her name and address so we can use that.

She has no insurance or anything, can't drive. In regards to AA/RAC I use to be a member, but not her. I'm thinking of signing her up as a member to get the letter, would this be ok?

Would the GP provide a letter to say what date she registered there? maybe with a little fee to pay?

Also I am going to chase British Gas, and I have not recieved any recent statements.

Apart from this I'm kinda stuck, will think about anything else, but thats all that comes to mind.

Any more ideas?

Thanks John for the quick reply

Sammie

Post by Sammie » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:55 pm

If your wife does not come from an English speaking country, then I think she needs to pass an english test or show certificates that she has studied and passed English classes. I'm not sure if she is required to complete a "Life in the U.K" test; maybe another more knowledgable forum member can correct/confirm.
Visa: Spouse
Submitted: 12/03/08 (Mirpur VAC, PAkistan)
Time Elapsed:10 Working Days
Result: VISA ISSUED 28/03/2008
ILR App: 18/03/2010-28/03/2010
ILR App Sent: 25/03/2010
ILR Received: 30/07/2010 - YAY!!

sarajulldin
Newly Registered

Yes

Post by sarajulldin » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:25 pm

Yes sorry she has passed her life in the uk test about 2 months ago

SHAFFI

Post by SHAFFI » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:24 am

Hi,

i am going in to the Liverpool office the day before you on the 15th...to do the same thing......from the info you have provided us with so far it sounds like you may not have all the required documents.

However on the SET (M) form it does stipulate that you can seperately provide a letter/statement giving details why you have not provided all essential information.

It is alot of money (£950) so you may have to take a gamble and see how you get on!!

I would say collate as much as possible between now and then, and when you get there you will need to convince the officer that you are a genuine couple with the right intentions.

I wish you both the very best and pray your wife gets her ILR.

vinny

Re: Thanks

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:52 pm

sarajulldin wrote:Thanks John, in regards to GP letters, majority we threw away.
It may be worth asking your GP, or others, if they kept copies of the letters they had sent and could they reprint them?

See also Ilr Questions.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sarajulldin
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by sarajulldin » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:51 pm

thanks everyone,

Yh i have been in contact with the GP and there can give me a letter stating when my wife registered there which is like a month after she arrived.

and the the link was really helpful, so thanks for that. i will let you know as i go along, and continue to find more evidence to supply.

thanks again

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Re: thanks

Post by thirdwave » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:01 pm

sarajulldin wrote:thanks everyone,

Yh i have been in contact with the GP and there can give me a letter stating when my wife registered there which is like a month after she arrived.

and the the link was really helpful, so thanks for that. i will let you know as i go along, and continue to find more evidence to supply.

thanks again
That's not good enough..Ask the Surgery for copies of the letters that they sent your wife.They usually have them on the system (unless they are the 'cervical smear' junk mail kind)

sarajulldin
Newly Registered

Re: thanks

Post by sarajulldin » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:13 pm

thirdwave wrote:
sarajulldin wrote:thanks everyone,

thanks again
That's not good enough..Ask the Surgery for copies of the letters that they sent your wife.They usually have them on the system (unless they are the 'cervical smear' junk mail kind)

thank you for that, i will certainly request that from them. much appreciated

adviceseeker
Newly Registered

Post by adviceseeker » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:53 am

Hi SHAFFI did you get your ILR yesterday? can you tell us what documents they ask? as I am due to apply mine next week as well on the 22 April?

I hope Sarajulldin got it as well...can you tell us about your experience on the Liverpool PEO?

thanks in advance

SHAFFI

Post by SHAFFI » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:11 am

Hi,

yes i did am pleased to announce!!!

Firstly water street is opposite the Royal liver Buildings, there is a NCP carpark a few hundred yards away....Its a public office so very dull & grey...everyones morbid and cold expressioned.

anyway security is tight you have to swith off mobiles take out ur battery belts and metal accessories and walk through the machine.

You are then issued a ticket and are sent to the 1st floor....there you wait until u are called and someone checks the ESOL/Life in uk certificates and passports, and ask if you have all the proofs...they prepare a checklist and then ask you to pay your fee at a different counter. once u have paid you are asked to wait till ur ticket is called again.
Now this is where they get nitty/grity, go through all the paperwork with a fine toothcomb... they then tell you if its successful...if so you have to wait at least an hour before passport is stamped.

Hope this helps ...Wish you all the best

adviceseeker
Newly Registered

Post by adviceseeker » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:29 pm

hi Shaffi congratulations..I hope I will get it too...One more question, you said they have a checklist can you give me what kind of documents they ask you please, I mean the exact one so at least I can prepare myself..To be honest I am a little bit nervous about this...

thanks in advance

SHAFFI

Post by SHAFFI » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:54 pm

At the 1st counter before you pay the fee...the person checked that my wife had the life in uk pass certificate....checked her passport to verify dates and also looked at my passport.

she did ask...if we had prepared/brought all the documents evenly spread between the 2 years...i must point out that in my case i had this covered however... the initial 5-6 months is just me on the (utility bills /bank statements) and she said if not then the case could be extended until further info was collated by them (which made me nervous too)

so what i conclude from this is that they want a spread over 2 years but no essentially with both spouses for the entirity?

p.s she never seemed to pay much regard to bank balances and wage slips.

Yes indeed it is a nervous experience just take it easy deep breathes and all that!!! ..good luck!!