ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN form help - English Language Requirement confusion

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gomcy
Newly Registered
India

AN form help - English Language Requirement confusion

Post by gomcy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:15 am

Hello All,
I know there have been other posts on the topics. However, I have some doubts regarding the requirement after speaking to NCS and Home office contact centre staff.

I am planning to submit my naturalisation application using Form AN next week. I have applied and got the ILR after 28-Oct-2013. To satisfy English language requirement during ILR application I have used my degree and PBC

I was planning to select the option for naturalisation and was not planning to submit any degree documents as
Point Based Calculator is no longer available

"• confirmation that you met the English language requirement, on or after 28th
October 2013, in order to obtain settlement"

I called Home office to confirm this, however advised told me to submit the degree along with NARIC certificate even after selecting this option. I also referred the KOLL guide to him. There is also lack of clarity among the NCS staff on this as they are insisting on either having B1 test certificate or NARIC letter.

Can you please shed some light/your experience on this topic? Early response is much appreciated. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: AN form help - English Language Requirement confusion

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:30 am

You can tick the box relevant box, however, HO can and often do ask for proof you have met the English requirement and for submission of the evidence and you will likely need either the test cert of NARIC plus degree.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.