ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR-M - Is there a need to show savings if I I meet the earning requirements?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ResidentEvil

A2 Test for spouse who has already cleared IELTS for ACADEMICS - FLR-M(Period2)

Post by ResidentEvil » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:23 pm

Hi all, my wife cleared IELTS for UKVI (Academics) on Aug01 2015 which was accepted with her application of FLR-M(Period1) a month or so later.
Now I was preparing for her FLR-M (Period2) and just saw an A2 test requirement on the application form. My question is that does my wife also need to take this A2 test as well (which will be like second approved English Language test for her) or will her previous IELTS Academic test which was accepted in FLR-M(Peiod1) be sufficient for FLR-M(Period2)?

Thanks a lot for any advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: A2 Test for spouse who has already cleared IELTS for ACADEMICS - FLR-M(Period2)

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:24 pm

She needs A2, the requirement was changed in May 2017.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ResidentEvil

Re: A2 Test for spouse who has already cleared IELTS for ACADEMICS - FLR-M(Period2)

Post by ResidentEvil » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:33 pm

OK. Thanks a lot.

ResidentEvil

Post by ResidentEvil » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:36 pm

is GESE Grade 3 (A2) from Trinity college London the correct exam?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:39 pm

Any test on the HO approved test provider list.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ResidentEvil

Post by ResidentEvil » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:46 pm

OK. Thank you once again. :)

ResidentEvil

Post by ResidentEvil » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:37 pm

OK I have to ask again.
This excerpt is from the
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... intent.pdf

"29. As with the current A1 English language requirement, there is scope for applicants to
take an approved English language test above the required level, including one which covers
reading and writing skills (on which the scores will be ignored) provided the test is on the
approved Home Office list. "

Considering my wife scored B1 at the IELTS for UKVI (Academics) and that is above A2 required for the FLR-M(Period2). wouldn't that be sufficient. It makes no sense to have to achieve A2 if you have already achieved B1. Also the above excerpt supports this.

Please advise. Thanks

ResidentEvil

Post by ResidentEvil » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:17 pm

CR001, would you disagree? Your comment is always welcome.

ResidentEvil

Do I need to resubmit my wedding certificate for FLR-M(second period)

Post by ResidentEvil » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:24 pm

Hi All. I am applying for FLR-M (second period) for my wife and my question is do I need to submit my wedding certificate again? I had submitted it already with my wife's first FLR-M application.

The wording on the application form is confusing
"If you are applying for a first extension of stay as a spouse or a civil partner, then in addition to "xyz", you must provide the marriage certificate."

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Do I need to resubmit my wedding certificate for FLR-M(second period)

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:28 pm

You need to provide your marriage certificate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ResidentEvil

Post by ResidentEvil » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:42 pm

OK thank you for the quick reply

ResidentEvil

Proof of accommodation ownership FLR-M

Post by ResidentEvil » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:38 pm

I read somewhere that I need to submit proof of accommodation ownership with FLR-M application (second period). I have been through the application form and also FLR-M guidelines and there is no mention of that. Can someone please confirm?

PS: I own the property

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Proof of accommodation ownership FLR-M

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:47 pm

You need to submit evidence that you can adequately accommodate yourself, i.e. tenancy agreement or property title deeds/title register.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ResidentEvil

Post by ResidentEvil » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:55 pm

OK thank you. Please could you indicate where it lays down the requirement for such document?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:11 pm

You are required to submit evidence of where you and your partner live, as stated on the check list on page 78 of the form. Applicants usually submit proof of property ownership or a tenancy agreement in addition to the mandatory evidence of cohabitation and subsisting relationship for the preceding 2 years.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -04-17.pdf
Evidence of where you and your parent/child normally live
Section 7C of the form also asks about where you live and whether the property is owned and the expectation by HO is that evidence of such will be provided.

Is there an issue that you do not wish to disclose information to HO??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ResidentEvil

Post by ResidentEvil » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:32 pm

Thank you for the detailed reply and pointing out to Page 78. I thought evidence of where I lived would be automatically provided via submitting six documents addressed to both me and my wife in the past two years. Also I thought that was only applicable when applying for children.

And yes I agree that HO may expect that I provide some proof of property ownership but it doesn't explicitly ask for this document anywhere.

And actually I did provide proof of property ownership (by providing a copy of certified land registry) in my wife's first application as Tier-1General dependent, where it had clearly asked for such proof.

And no I have nothing I do not wish to disclose to the HO - just wanted to confirm.

Thank you again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:39 pm

For each application for a spouse/dependent visa, HO want to be sure you are able to accommodate your spouse in a property that is not overcrowded.

HO have seen all the tricks, i.e. submitting a 2 bed tenancy agreement created by a 'friend' when the actual property is a house of multiple occupation housing too many people and where the couple plus 3 kids will live in one small basement room.

So no, it is not only applicable to children applying.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ResidentEvil

Post by ResidentEvil » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:59 pm

So along with the marriage certificate, would you think I need to re-submit my wedding pictures, invitation card etc. as well for the second period of FLR-M?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:00 pm

ResidentEvil wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:59 pm
So along with the marriage certificate, would you think I need to re-submit my wedding pictures, invitation card etc. as well for the second period of FLR-M?
No.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ResidentEvil

Post by ResidentEvil » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:01 pm

OK thanks

ResidentEvil

FLR-M - Is there a need to show savings if I I meet the earning requirements?

Post by ResidentEvil » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:11 am

Hi. I am applying for FLR-M (second period) for my wife soon.
Just came across Immigration rules Appendix where it mentions I need to show savings of £16000. Is it applicable to me if I already meet the minimum "earning" requirement of £18,600.

If yes can I show my National Savings bonds?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR-M - Is there a need to show savings if I I meet the earning requirements?

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:26 am

Topics Merged (click)
Please keep all questions on the same application in ONE topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR-M - Is there a need to show savings if I I meet the earning requirements?

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:26 am

Savings are NOT required if you meet the salary per annum requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ResidentEvil

Post by ResidentEvil » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:37 am

Thanks CR001 - OK understood will keep the topics in the same thread.

Also would you know around what date in April does the HO introduce new Application form generally. I plan to submit the my wife's application in the first week of April. Is there any grace period for when the HO releases a new application form? Let's say I plan to submit the application in the evening but the HO releases a new application form that morning?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:38 am

New forms are generally available from the date the fees increase, which is 6th April.
Char (CR001 not Casa)