ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of maintenance funds for dependents

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jagadishkumarp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Evidence of maintenance funds for dependents

Post by jagadishkumarp » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:16 am

Hi Guys,

I have been recently granted leave to remain under the Tier 2 General (Shortage Occupation List) category and i have been in the UK since the last 2 months., i am now in the process of gathering the required documents for my depends (wife, child). I was going through the guidance for PBS dependents and something caught my eye regarding maintenance funds the link to the document is:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 2-2018.pdf

and point number 82 states the following:
If you apply separately from the main applicant you will need to have the necessary funds to meet
the maintenance requirement or have a written undertaking from an A-rated Sponsor, unless the
main applicant already had leave in a Tier 2 category and when applying for their most recent period of Tier 2
leave was not required to show evidence of satisfying maintenance requirements.
I do have a letter from my organisation stating that they will provide maintenance if required but looks like i do not need it as my CoS states that my company will provide the same for me, and i did not have to show evidence.

The letter my organisation gave me is dated on the 15th Feb 2018 and it states that they will provide funds only until the end of my first full month.

Which leaves me asking the following:
  • Will my dependents need evidence of maintenance in the first place ?
  • Can i use the letter from my organisation despite of the first full month clause ?
Thanks in advance guys.
Jag

vsan86
India

Re: Evidence of maintenance funds for dependents

Post by vsan86 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:02 am

yes, for dependents you need evidence for maintenance fund.

i would suggest you need to take new letter from your employer with latest date stating they are willing to provide maintenance for one month for your dependents or you can show funds from your bank account.

hope this helps.

jagadishkumarp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jagadishkumarp » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:08 am

vsan86 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:02 am

i would suggest you need to take new letter from your employer with latest date stating they are willing to provide maintenance for one month for your dependents or you can show funds from your bank account.

hope this helps.
Is this despite the fact what guidance suggests ?

vsan86
India

Post by vsan86 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:23 am

jagadishkumarp wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:08 am
vsan86 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:02 am

hope this helps.
Is this despite the fact what guidance suggests ?
sorry, i have given response based on my experience with initial dependent visa. i have provided the letter for my dependent from my employer.
respected gurus can comment on Jag query.

rav40
India

Post by rav40 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:06 pm

The guidance only states that you wont't require to show maintenance funds for the dependents if your last leave didn't ask the evidence for yourself, which I think is not the case.

Malikf
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Malikf » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:08 pm

I am in a similar situation. On my last renewal I was not aksed for maintenance funds but the online protal does not let me fill in application for my family without selecting maintenance requirement. Has someone gotten through without it?

jagadishkumarp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jagadishkumarp » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:16 pm

rav40 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:06 pm
The guidance only states that you wont't require to show maintenance funds for the dependents if your last leave didn't ask the evidence for yourself, which I think is not the case.
I am in a similar situation. On my last renewal I was not aksed for maintenance funds but the online protal does not let me fill in application for my family without selecting maintenance requirement. Has someone gotten through without it?
I did not have to prove maintenance for the leave which im on right now.., yet Malikf has a point.. the online app does not have a option to reflect the same. Looks like we will need a letter despite the guidance stating otherwise.

It will be really interesting to know if someone got it through without the letter.

vsan86
India

Post by vsan86 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:31 pm

I do have a letter from my organisation stating that they will provide maintenance if required but looks like i do not need it as my CoS states that my company will provide the same for me, and i did not have to show evidence.
as you said in your earlier post, your employer has provided maintenance for you, so you have proved your maintenance (as mentioned in COS), isn't ?
From your post i understood that this is your initial visa not an extension ?

vsan86
India

Post by vsan86 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:40 pm

Malikf wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:08 pm
Either your employer need to mention in the COS YES to
Tick to certify maintenance for migrant (and dependants, if applicable): Y

or You need to have a letter from your employer.

For my partner initial dependent visa i have taken letter from my employer since i have applied the visa after 5 months.
For Dependent visa extension i have shown bank statements, as my new employer not certified for maintenance (applied after my extension granted)