ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Postal vs Premium FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dantean

Postal vs Premium FLR(M)

Post by Dantean » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:08 pm

I thought I saw this discussed in another thread but can't find it now. It's my understanding that when one gets FLR as a spouse, the 30 months starts at the time of approval rather than the time of application. If so, that means that the 5 year clock would start on the day, if approved at a premium appointment, or several weeks later if approved by postal application.

Would this be the same when applying for the second 30 month period? Or would that be counted from the expiration of the first FLR ? In other words, is there any advantage, in terms of length of time until ILR eligibility, gained from applying for the 30 month extension of FLR at a PSC? Or is it just that you find out sooner and don't have to send in your documents?

graceofgod1
United Kingdom

Re: Postal vs Premium FLR(M)

Post by graceofgod1 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:42 pm

Either way you have to complete 60 months on given route. sooner you get your extension grant sooner it will expire. So u can qualify for set m.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:10 pm

Section 3c usually come into play if apply the extension intimely which bring forward the same conditions until it get decided means all stay will be legal and counted.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Dantean

Post by Dantean » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:32 pm

OK, so it doesn't matter if the BRP given after applying for the extension expires some time after the 5 years have elapsed. As soon as the five year anniversary of the granting of the first FLR occurs, one is eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

graceofgod1
United Kingdom

Post by graceofgod1 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:35 pm

I could be wrong , please correct me senior members and moderators; i dont think spent time under 3c will count towards 60 months period for set m. I think you have to complete two ×30 months visa. Not 60 months from the date of first grant.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:06 pm

graceofgod1 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:35 pm
I could be wrong , please correct me senior members and moderators; i dont think spent time under 3c will count towards 60 months period for set m. I think you have to complete two ×30 months visa. Not 60 months from the date of first grant.
Yes you are heavily wrong because section 3c applies to in timely submitted applications and that clause bring forward until the decision time the same conditions of previous visa exactly the same manner as the applicant has the visa.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.