ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can My Wife Visit me?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jackw40
Newly Registered

Can My Wife Visit me?

Post by Jackw40 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:44 pm

Im currently in England working towards the Financial Requirement side of things for a UK Spouse Visa. My wife is having a hard time during these 6 months of being apart, I'm just wondering if its possible for her to visit me on a Visitors Visa, or is this not a good idea? Could this go against our application? Would love to hear your response

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Can My Wife Visit me?

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:55 pm

It won't affect a subsequent spouse visa application, but you may find it a challenge to convince the ECO that she has stronger ties in her home country than she has in the UK. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Jackw40
Newly Registered

Post by Jackw40 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:00 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:55 pm
It won't affect a subsequent spouse visa application, but you may find it a challenge to convince the ECO that she has stronger ties in her home country than she has in the UK. :idea:

So, it would be pretty difficult for a visit Visa to be accepted since we are married?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:08 pm

Probably, yes. Having a spouse living in the UK always raises concern that the applicant will simply stay put. Unfortunately you will find numerous examples of members on the forum who have done exactly this, which has made it far more difficult for genuine visitors to obtain a visit visa.

However, there's no harm in trying. Is your wife financially self-sufficient in her home country? Does she have permanent employment there? Dependant family members?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

katobb969
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by katobb969 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:39 pm

My husband managed to get a visit visa in october last year - we were married and, like you, I am living in the UK working towards the financial requirements.

He has a full time permanent job back in Turkey so we included his contract, bank statements to prove wages and a letter from his employer stating the day he was required back at work after his visit to uk. ALso the rental agreement on the flat where he was living at the time

So it is possible but i'll be honest i was quite shocked that it was granted - i thought they would assume that he would come and never leave!

Good luck!!

Jackw40
Newly Registered

Post by Jackw40 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:35 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:08 pm
Probably, yes. Having a spouse living in the UK always raises concern that the applicant will simply stay put. Unfortunately you will find numerous examples of members on the forum who have done exactly this, which has made it far more difficult for genuine visitors to obtain a visit visa.

However, there's no harm in trying. Is your wife financially self-sufficient in her home country? Does she have permanent employment there? Dependant family members?
If i do try and the Visa is decline for whatever reason, would this have an affect on her Spouse Visa when we apply for that?

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:46 pm

Jackw40 wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:35 pm

If i do try and the Visa is decline for whatever reason, would this have an affect on her Spouse Visa when we apply for that?
No, it shouldn’t harm Spouse visa application, however if the will be rejected visit visa, she will have to disclose that in Spouse visa application and it can take some additional time for them to review why her previous visa was rejected.