ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police cautin and naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jekbuck
Newly Registered
India

Police cautin and naturalisation

Post by jekbuck » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:51 pm

Hi,

I had police caution for theft in 2007.

I got my ILR (long term resident) in AUGUST 2015.

I am applying for my naturalisation now.

My question is about Naturalisation form AN question

3.5 Have you received any cautions (simple or conditional), warnings or reprimands in the UK
or any other country?

I did not declare my caution on ILR settlement form as I remember quite well this question was not included in form.

If I declare caution as yes now and give details will it affect my application??

thank you

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: Police cautin and naturalisation

Post by Hstepper07 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:44 pm

A caution is a non-custodial sentence or out of court disposal that is recorded on a person’s
criminal record. Applications will normally be refused if the conviction occurred in the last 3 years. Your caution was issued over 3 yrs ago so it should not be a problem. You should declare it though if not, you may be banned from applying for another 10yrs.

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:13 am

As in experience and watch so many post caution if mention you are in safe side. Yes it's not in your record. For particular this reason they not refuse you.

jekbuck
Newly Registered
India

Post by jekbuck » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:19 am

Thank you Hstepper07 and mhsadique,

YES I am going to declare my caution Form AN for naturalization as it specific QUESTION in form
3.5 Have you received any cautions (simple or conditional), warnings or reprimands in the UK
or any other country?

but my concern is that I did not mention it on ILR SET (LR) application in AUGUST 2015 as I am quiet sure the specific question for caution was not there on form for ILR SET (LR)

unlike now the question for caution is included in recent version of ILR SET(LR) application ( i checked form for October 2017 version)

will they ask or refuse for not mentioning

I only did not mention until now on any of my previous visa and ILR application as question did not ask specifically about caution

Thank you,

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:55 pm

Don't worry about it then. Just declare it this time.