ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Creation Problem

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IanInLondon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Job Creation Problem

Post by IanInLondon » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:39 pm

Hi there,

I've invested the money into a UK company and became a director of the company. As the extension requires creating two jobs, I've read the job creation requirement guidance and would like to hire two shareholders of the company who are never on the payslip before. Could anyone please advise me if this gonna work?

Thank you very much!

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Re: Job Creation Problem

Post by seasky » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:50 pm

Are they actually going to do a job?

IanInLondon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by IanInLondon » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:15 pm

yes, and they are very important to the company. one of them is the cofounder of the company, he did a lot of work to the company but never got paid for his hard work.

IanInLondon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by IanInLondon » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:20 pm

and how can I prove whether they have actually done the job when I apply for the visa extension?
Thank you very much for your reply

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:25 pm

Yes you can. However as you joined the company, anyone who leave must be replaced so that the net increase in the jobs remains 2 or more at all times.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:35 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:25 pm
Yes you can. However as you joined the company, anyone who leave must be replaced so that the net increase in the jobs remains 2 or more at all times.
As OP is a t1e visa holder his employment in the company has no bearing on job creation

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:41 pm

IanInLondon wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:15 pm
yes, and they are very important to the company. one of them is the cofounder of the company, he did a lot of work to the company but never got paid for his hard work.
There is nothing in the immigration rules that says shareholders cannot be employees for purpose of job creation. They also don't ask in the forms if an employee is a shareholder. (all my employees have stock options and one actual shares, a small amount, not a founder)

saying that huge alarm bells would ring in CW mind in this case. They will see s/he is a major shareholder from companies house. When you are interviewed on premise it will be clear your "employee" is actually a founder. That is not really the intent of job creation for this visa is it?

Another way of thinking about it is that you did not create a job just converted a sweat equity paid job to PAYE.

IanInLondon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by IanInLondon » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:44 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:25 pm
OK, thanks!

IanInLondon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by IanInLondon » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:50 pm

seasky wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:41 pm
IanInLondon wrote:
There is nothing in the immigration rules that says shareholders cannot be employees for purpose of job creation. They also don't ask in the forms if an employee is a shareholder. (all my employees have stock options and one actual shares, a small amount, not a founder)

saying that huge alarm bells would ring in CW mind in this case. They will see s/he is a major shareholder from companies house. When you are interviewed on premise it will be clear your "employee" is actually a founder. That is not really the intent of job creation for this visa is it?

Another way of thinking about it is that you did not create a job just converted a sweat equity paid job to PAYE.
No, they're all native British. Thank you for your advice. I'll think about it.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:55 pm

IanInLondon wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:50 pm
seasky wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:41 pm
IanInLondon wrote:

No, they're all native British. Thank you for your advice. I'll think about it.
I think you missed my point. converting a (british) founder from non PAYE to PAYE is risky. You did not really create a job and -could- be misconstrued as just an investment into a company not actual job creation. Hire someone new, now that is job creation.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:44 pm

As long as you are not creating a fraudulent job (and your description seems to indicate you are not) you should have no problem.
CWs have to follow the rules and HAVE TO give you points for job creation if you meet the requirements irrespective of whether they are a shareholder, have done unpaid work before, etc.
Yes, CWs can reject based on genuineness, but using this as a reason for failing genuineness test would, in my opinion, be non sustainable. And we have now been seeing such decisions overturned in AR - which is good news for genuine entrepreneurs.
If the job is fraudulent, you have bigger problems than genuineness test.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.