ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence for (frequent) travel?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Evidence for (frequent) travel?

Post by seasky » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:22 pm

What is the expected evidence level required for your travels. I have travelled over 80 times in the last five years (I am within the absence limits, no trip over 2-3 weeks, many overnights to EU that means zero absence days, though have to be written in the form too). In the last 2 years I do not have stamps in passport as I am a "registered traveller" (see below). In addition stamps in itself is only evidence of returning to the UK not exiting.

PS I asked this briefly in the online application thread but evidentiary requirements is not specific to online applications

https://www.gov.uk/registered-traveller

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Evidence for (frequent) travel?

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:52 pm

You do not need to provide evidence for travel dates and days, and where necessary provide best estimates.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:32 pm

Diving deeper into this I see the request for evidence is not for travels (see copy of AN paper form below) rather it is from the Mandatory Documents (list at end of online app)

Proof of living in the UK for Seasky:

If you are an non_EEA National. You need to include your passport to prove you have lived in the UK for the past 5 years.

If you do not have your passport, or it was not stamped when you entered the UK, you need to include letters (for example, from your employer of government department) as proof.

Bank statements or household bills are not suitable proof you have been living in the UK.

IT IS FOR THE ABOVE I AM ENQUIRING ABOUT.

2.2 Give details of all absences from the United Kingdom during the last 5 years. If you are
married or in a civil partnership to a British citizen, give details for the last 3 years only (see page
7 of the Guide). List the absences in date order, ending with the most recent one.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:07 pm

pls any response?