ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self sufficient route

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jboy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Self sufficient route

Post by Jboy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:26 pm

Hello everyone, please I am in a fix as to how my wife can successfully apply for a permanent resident card. My wife is an EEA national while I'm a non EEA national. My wife and I arrived in the UK in 2011 with our daughters and she worked for a few months but we decided she looked after the kids and be a full-time mum while I worked full time. All these years we never claimed any benefit as we were living on my income. Now she wants to apply for her permanent resident card on the self sufficiency route but we only took out a comprehensive Health Insurance policy with Aviva in Jan 2017 as we didn't know until then that we will need it since 2011.
Please, how can we successfully apply for the permanent residency with this whole brexit getting us confused. I need advise on what to do please.
Many thanks.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Self sufficient route

Post by Obie » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:33 pm

Without CSI, there can be no PR, may have to wait until 2022.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors