ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for unmarried partner, but different visa status for long time

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seregus
Newly Registered
Russia

ILR for unmarried partner, but different visa status for long time

Post by seregus » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:45 pm

Hi all,

So I first time entered UK in 2006 on tier 2 visa and got my ILR in 2011, citizenship in 2012. My partner, I've met in 2009 in Russia come to UK in 2010 as a tier 4 student and in 2016 as period for student visas ended up we applied for dependent visa for her.

Some calculations - we know each other for 10 years, she is in UK for 8 years (leaving same addresses), while applied for dependant visa we easily proved we live together for like 3 years and we can do more with easy as she was always on bills, bank statements, same trips and etc, so now it's 2 years of us leaving together under dependant visa and at least 3 years been accepted while visa was granted.

Now we just come up with the idea of her receiving instead of new visa for another 3 years we should have applied for ILR as she is unmarried partner of mine for at least 8 years in UK and 6 years after I got my citizenship.

It's not clear, however, if it's a proper route.
Is there anyone who can put some light on my case or I should seek legal advice?

Thank you everyone for your support!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for unmarried partner, but different visa status for long time

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:26 pm

Your partner's immigration clock was re-set to zero when she switched to an Unmarried Partner visa in 2016, putting her on a new 5 year path to settlement (ILR).

Se should be able to apply under 10 years Long Residence - SET(LR) in 2020. Until then, she will have to continue to extend under FLR(M).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.