ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Initial HSMP rejected and currently in Appeal, any advice?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lenore
Newly Registered

Post by Lenore » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:58 pm

Hi All,

I initially applied for HSMP from the US in early February 08 and was rejected because they could not authenticate some of my pay slips from a part time employer. I provided the following, all of which had corresponding information:

-A printout of my pay info from that employer with a signed letter saying that they could not provide pay slips.
-W-2 Form (US employer generated tax form)
-Tax Return
-Bank Statement

My case was returned to them for review on March 24th and I am anxiously awaiting the result.

I would like to know:

How long does the Home Office usually take with these reviews? Anyone with experience with this issue?

Does the Home Office usually confirm that they received your request for a review? I haven't heard from them.

What should my expectation be for appeal results?

Thanks so much in advance for your advice and thoughts!!

Lenore

Saracynth
Newly Registered

Post by Saracynth » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:00 pm

I am in a similar situation and would appreciate any information.

I submitted my initial application under HSMP in early February 2008. My application was rejected due to insufficient evidence of my income. I submitted my 2007 tax return, my W-2 and my January 1 - December 31 year-to-date wage slip.

I submitted my appeal which was received by the Home Office on March 27th. I have tried calling (only to get the recording telling me which applications they are working on) and e-mailing (only to get a auto-response stating that they will not give status updates because of their high volume.

Is there anyone that has been through this process that can give me an idea as to the approximate time involved? Should I expect a similar turnaround time to my initial application? Thank you for your assistance!

Lenore
Newly Registered

Post by Lenore » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:05 pm

Hi,

It's good to know someone else is in a similar situation. I would really apprecieate it if you would let me know if you learn or hear anything, and I will do the same.

Our dates are similar. My application was submitted in early February, and my review was submitted in late March. I have no idea how long the review process is supposed to take or what the chances are in review. I'm confident that I qualify but the rejection of my initial application has me very worried.

Where are you applying from, the US?

Thanks, and good luck.

Lenore

letmec2006

Initial HSMP rejection

Post by letmec2006 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:47 pm

Hi Lenore
What is your progression on reconsideration. Please update. Sorry to hear that even I am in similiar situation.

Lenore
Newly Registered

In Appeal

Post by Lenore » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:06 pm

Hi,

I have still not heard anything. If anyone out there has gotten a result from an appeal for HSMP, I would really apprecieate it it they would share their experience.

Thanks!

Lenore

asim_khan

Post by asim_khan » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:14 am

Hey All,

well i m writing here as i applied for HSMP in Oct 2007 and got rejection in 2 days...with a reason that i didnt provide 2 different pieces of evidence to corroborate ma earnings...well i showed 2 employers and calimed 25 pts for earnigns...they gave me 10 pts for only 1 employer which they said that they were able to match earnings..and for 2nd employer they dont...

well then i put ma case in review and it took 1 week to come to a decision and it remained same...

well could u guyz plz explain Y u cases were refused so that may b i can help ya out..

Love

letmec2006

Hi Asim

Post by letmec2006 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:40 am

Hi
The reason they have provided is that the letter from my current university does not say the number of hours/week I have studied, eventhough it does say I do a full time course
thanks

kathy
Newly Registered

review on HSMP

Post by kathy » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:56 pm

Hello,

I'm in the same boat - my initial HSMP application was denied end March and I sent it for a review on April 9th.

Any response yet on your review request from the HSMP team? I'm also waiting anxiously for a response and hoping it's favorable. If there are any developments from your side, please post it - thanks.

sethmatch
Newly Registered

Re: Hi Asim

Post by sethmatch » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:52 pm

letmec2006 wrote:Hi
The reason they have provided is that the letter from my current university does not say the number of hours/week I have studied, eventhough it does say I do a full time course
thanks
Wow.. I find this incredibly confusing. There seems to be contradictory information between the guidance notes and the caseworker guidance.

The caseworker guidance says:

* evidence of the attendance requirements (hours of study per week).

Caseworkers do not need to check that the period of full-time study was with an accredited institution.

Where the hours are defined by the institution as ‘full-time’, then this is acceptable as evidence of this requirement. Where the actual number of hours is defined then applicants must have spent at least fifteen hours per week in organised daytime study in order to qualify for consideration.
If any of this information is not contained in the evidence submitted, then the evidence should not be accepted.

In my case 'full time' happens to be less than 15 hours / week organized study. So do I submit a letter saying 12 hours / week, or leave it out??!!

Regards,

Seth.

letmec2006

Hi

Post by letmec2006 » Thu May 01, 2008 9:08 am

Thanks for the reply
It si totally rediculous, how they respond to our applications. When I asked someone , it was told that it totally depends on the case worker. But I would suggest it would be better to have the number of hours, eventhough the new Teir 1 doesnt ask for that.
Anybody please upadate if you have applied for reconsideration and the timelines.

letmec2006

Hi all

Post by letmec2006 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:49 am

Any body any updates on yours review request

letmec2006

Great News

Post by letmec2006 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:58 pm

Got my decision overturned.
Now the next step of applying for FLR.
Thanks for all the help
This forum is really brilliant

appeal
Newly Registered

Post by appeal » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:59 am

Hi All,

I applied for HSMP back in March. I just received the rejection letter and they have given me a single reconsideration. I was rejected because I was missing 3 wage slips and even though I included the rest of the wages slips, tax return and letter from employer. I mistakenly omitted to include the reason for exceptional consideration and so the letter from employer was not reviewed. I want to appeal the decision and I am finding it a bit difficult to compose the letter. Please if you were able to get your decision over-turned after a review, can you please help me with composing the letter....any help will do.

Thanks a lot!

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Re: Initial HSMP rejected and currently in Appeal, any advic

Post by anirban_paul » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:08 pm

Lenore wrote:Hi All,

I initially applied for HSMP from the US in early February 08 and was rejected because they could not authenticate some of my pay slips from a part time employer. I provided the following, all of which had corresponding information:

-A printout of my pay info from that employer with a signed letter saying that they could not provide pay slips.
-W-2 Form (US employer generated tax form)
-Tax Return
-Bank Statement

My case was returned to them for review on March 24th and I am anxiously awaiting the result.

I would like to know:

How long does the Home Office usually take with these reviews? Anyone with experience with this issue?

Does the Home Office usually confirm that they received your request for a review? I haven't heard from them.

What should my expectation be for appeal results?

Thanks so much in advance for your advice and thoughts!!

Lenore
Hi,

I am in the similar situation.I want to ask how did you send your tax return etc with your review form as it clearly says you can not provide any extra documents with the review (and only a cover letter)and the review will be based depending on the original application documents?

Finally, have you got any decisions from HO yet? thanks

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Post by anirban_paul » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:08 pm

Saracynth wrote:I am in a similar situation and would appreciate any information.

I submitted my initial application under HSMP in early February 2008. My application was rejected due to insufficient evidence of my income. I submitted my 2007 tax return, my W-2 and my January 1 - December 31 year-to-date wage slip.

I submitted my appeal which was received by the Home Office on March 27th. I have tried calling (only to get the recording telling me which applications they are working on) and e-mailing (only to get a auto-response stating that they will not give status updates because of their high volume.

Is there anyone that has been through this process that can give me an idea as to the approximate time involved? Should I expect a similar turnaround time to my initial application? Thank you for your assistance!
Hi,

I am in the similar situation.I want to ask how did you send your tax return etc with your review form as it clearly says you can not provide any extra documents with the review (and only a cover letter)and the review will be based depending on the original application documents?

Finally, have you got any decisions from HO yet? thanks

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Re: Great News

Post by anirban_paul » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:09 pm

letmec2006 wrote:Got my decision overturned.
Now the next step of applying for FLR.
Thanks for all the help
This forum is really brilliant
How long it took to get the review decision back?

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Re: Hi Asim

Post by anirban_paul » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:11 pm

sethmatch wrote:
letmec2006 wrote:Hi
thanks
Wow.. I find this incredibly confusing. There seems to be contradictory information between the guidance notes and the caseworker guidance.

The caseworker guidance says:

* evidence of the attendance requirements (hours of study per week).

Caseworkers do not need to check that the period of full-time study was with an accredited institution.

Where the hours are defined by the institution as ‘full-time’, then this is acceptable as evidence of this requirement. Where the actual number of hours is defined then applicants must have spent at least fifteen hours per week in organised daytime study in order to qualify for consideration.
If any of this information is not contained in the evidence submitted, then the evidence should not be accepted.

In my case 'full time' happens to be less than 15 hours / week organized study. So do I submit a letter saying 12 hours / week, or leave it out??!!

Regards,

Seth.
Any update on your case yet?Did you actually submitted that letter along with your review form?PLs reply.

letmec2006

Hi

Post by letmec2006 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:05 am

I did not submitted the original letter or any other extra document, since they have all the documents we sent in their database. I just sent the review form and a covering letter referencing the caseworker's guidance.
I applied on 06/05 and got my review overturned on 14th of July.

I know people who got in between 4 to 6 weeks when applied by March and April, mine took more than 10 weeks.
Hope this is useful
Letmec

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Re: Hi

Post by anirban_paul » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:56 am

letmec2006 wrote:I did not submitted the original letter or any other extra document, since they have all the documents we sent in their database. I just sent the review form and a covering letter referencing the caseworker's guidance.
I applied on 06/05 and got my review overturned on 14th of July.

I know people who got in between 4 to 6 weeks when applied by March and April, mine took more than 10 weeks.
Hope this is useful
Letmec
Thanks a lot. I applied for HSMP (review) on 10May 2008 and there is no news yet. It is almost 12 weeks now.

Also, I did NOT provide any extra documents as it was clearly written not to do so. My case was rejected because they said the start date of my University course in UK was not clear and for that the earning period before that could not be taken as earning period.(I applied from Student in UK to HSMP).

I have NOT gone through any lawyer and provided a covering letter only (ofcourse with the form) explaining everything in detail and asking to contact university if any query.

Now I see in this forum that people have mentioned sending more documents with the review application. It would have been very easy for me to collect another letter with the details they were looking for which I thought I could not because it was written not to send any documents.

With this situation, should I send a new letter (with my case refernce) to HO from my Uni stating the info they are looking? Or is it absolutely correct of what I have done?

letmec2006

Hi

Post by letmec2006 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:13 am

The case worker guidance says there should be evidence of period of study, my letter from university had the month and year of starting and ending period of study.
And you definetly cant submit any more letter from the university where they would straight away reject your appeal. Did you contact the home office regarding your review.
Call them and ask them that "You wanted to know if your review has reached or not" Mind mostly they may not be true I once called them to ask this the guy said my case is still under consideration but I recieved the letter next day.
Hope you recieve good news soon
Letmec

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Re: Hi

Post by anirban_paul » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:44 am

letmec2006 wrote:The case worker guidance says there should be evidence of period of study, my letter from university had the month and year of starting and ending period of study.
And you definetly cant submit any more letter from the university where they would straight away reject your appeal. Did you contact the home office regarding your review.
Call them and ask them that "You wanted to know if your review has reached or not" Mind mostly they may not be true I once called them to ask this the guy said my case is still under consideration but I recieved the letter next day.
Hope you recieve good news soon
Letmec

Thanks for your quick reply.

I admit that there was a small mistake on my part as I took the letter in a hurry (to apply hsmp as tier1 rule was approaching 29 feb) just when my final result was out and by mistake there were only end date and full time etc but no specific start date. Although I submitted all the marksheets which stated the month/year and my visa stamp stated the dates I entered as a full time international student in UK etc.

As I said, I explained every detail in the review letter stating start dates and end dates of each modules etc and asked them to contact the Uni info office (the name/address of contact person was given in the orignal appl) if there is any query. I was sure I could not submit anymore letter from my Uni but saw people sent more documents in this forum, so was giving a second thought.

I called the HO when it was 10 weeks over and my case was 'NOT assigned to caseworker yet'. I called them before as well (with ref) and the application was received on 10May by record.

Is there anything I can do now with my review apart from waiting?

Let me know if you have anymore info on the review time for applications in May like you and me.Thanks

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Post by anirban_paul » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:34 am

I called them today as well. The guy says 'they have NOT looked into your case yet as it is a rush in the applications' in other words my status remains same as 'NOT assigned to any caseworker yet'!

You were lucky to send on 6th may and recv back in 10 weeks. I sent only4 days later and still not assigned to any caseworker. Did you apply via any lawyer/agent?

The actual HSMP (not tier1) applications they are working on is till 26th March.