ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependant Application query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

magneta

ILR Dependant Application query

Post by magneta » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:04 pm

Hi all

My Husband is applying for ILR dependant on April 17th (PEO). Could you please answer few queries regarding the same?

1. Background - I am a BC with ILR received via Tier 1 General 5 years route. He was already in the UK doing his Phd but we applied for PBS dependant and received it from 13th May 2013. He is now completing 5 years eventhough his visa is valid until 7th July 2018 and with the 28 day rule, we can apply from April 15th. - Is this correct or should the 28 days be calculated from the day he re entered as PBS dependant( which was 17th May 2013)?

2. I have read that absenses doesnt apply for dependants. Although he hasnt exceeded 180 days, do we still need to provide the absenses sheet with all the dates?

3. Below are the list of documents we are submitting. Please let me know if this is ok or if something is missing

Main applicant
SET(O) Application form
Current passport + 1 old passport
2 photos
Current BRP
PhD Degree Certificate
Life in UK pass cert
3 months payslip (Is this needed for Dependant?)
3 months bank statements
Marriage Certificate

My (BC Holder's) document
Original Passport + 1 copy
3 months payslip
3 months bank statements

Co-habitation documents for 2 years (spaced 3-4 months apart)
3 Council tax bills (addressed to both for 2016, 2017 & 2018)
1 Mortgage Annual statement (addressed to both)
3 Water bills (addressed to individual)
4 Gas bills (addressed to individual)
3 Boradband bills (addressed to individual)
6 Joint Account Bank statements (addressed to both)
Full driving license (for both) + a copy

4. We have 2 children who are BC. Do we need to submit any of their birth certificate or passport?

Thank you advance.

Regards
Magneta

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Dependant Application query

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:10 pm

My Husband is applying for ILR dependant on April 17th (PEO).
He is apply for ILR and not 'ILR dependent' which is a spouse visa for 2.5 years.
1. Background - I am a BC with ILR received via Tier 1 General 5 years route. He was already in the UK doing his Phd but we applied for PBS dependant and received it from 13th May 2013. He is now completing 5 years eventhough his visa is valid until 7th July 2018 and with the 28 day rule, we can apply from April 15th. - Is this correct or should the 28 days be calculated from the day he re entered as PBS dependant( which was 17th May 2013)?
Date of visa issue is fine.
2. I have read that absenses doesnt apply for dependants. Although he hasnt exceeded 180 days, do we still need to provide the absenses sheet with all the dates?
You need to complete the form as appropriate. No evidence is required though.
3. Below are the list of documents we are submitting. Please let me know if this is ok or if something is missing
Documents should be fine. Children passport and birth cert copies should be ok too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

magneta

Post by magneta » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:10 pm
My Husband is applying for ILR dependant on April 17th (PEO).
He is apply for ILR and not 'ILR dependent' which is a spouse visa for 2.5 years.
Hi, Thank you for the quick reply. Sorry , yes, it should have been ILR. But I didnt know it was only for 2.5 years! Thank you for pointing that out. Am I correct in assuming that he will be able to apply for BC straightaway after he receives ILR? Sorry if this particular question needs to be posted elsewhere.

Regards
Lalitha

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:46 pm

Hi, Thank you for the quick reply. Sorry , yes, it should have been ILR. But I didnt know it was only for 2.5 years!
2.5 years is the SPOUSE visa (ILR Dependent) and not ILR.
Am I correct in assuming that he will be able to apply for BC straightaway after he receives ILR?
Yes, provided he meets the 3 year spouse of BC requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

magneta

Post by magneta » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:30 pm

Thanks again CR001. I guess I read that too quick and confused myself. :)