ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fees taken but no acknowledgement letter?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

davidi
Newly Registered
Hungary

Fees taken but no acknowledgement letter?

Post by davidi » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:47 pm

Hi, how long does it usually take to receive an acknowledgement letter from HO? I applied using the NCS, my fees were taken from my card on the weekend (17/03/2018), but I still haven't received anything from HO (no email, or letter, or biometrics request...) (today is 21/03/2018).

Thank you for the help in advance!

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: Fees taken but no acknowledgement letter?

Post by Hstepper07 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:56 pm

It takes about 24hrs. You should have gotten biometric paperwork instantly. Try contacting them on the ff emails explaining your issues. nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk,
NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:02 pm

davidi wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:47 pm
Hi, how long does it usually take to receive an acknowledgement letter from HO? I applied using the NCS, my fees were taken from my card on the weekend (17/03/2018), but I still haven't received anything from HO (no email, or letter, or biometrics request...) (today is 21/03/2018).

Did you apply ONLINE and then used NCS/NDRS or did you complete a PAPER form and then used NCS?

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:03 pm

plabo wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:02 pm
davidi wrote:

Did you apply ONLINE and then used NCS/NDRS or did you complete a PAPER form and then used NCS?
Oops my bad. He actually said via NCS

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:22 pm

davidi wrote:

Apologies for the misinformation. I wrongly assumed that you applied online. If you applied via NCS, biometrics request usually takes about 2 weeks. I do not think HO are consistent with sending email confirmation for paper applications.

davidi
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by davidi » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:29 pm

It was NCS and the paper form. Thank you for the quick responses! I'll wait and see what happens in a few days. The only strange thing about this is that my fees were already taken, and looking at the timeline topic folks receive their letter/email in 1-2 days after that...

grace818
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by grace818 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:40 pm

HI,

I'm having the same issue although I'm not sure I know what form the acknowledgment letter is in. I applied online 5th April 2018 and received an email that my payment had been taken.

I used National Document Return Service and JCAP on the 6th of April and did all my biometrics the same day. I haven't heard or received anything since then.

should I have received an acknowledgment letter in the post saying that they received my application? From the timeline threads, the acknowledgment letter dates are usually the same or next days and I assumed people were talking about the email but now I'm not sure.
Also, the passport fees have not been taken.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:29 am

They send an online acknowledgement immediately after you submit an application online. They do not send via post.

muraenidae

Post by muraenidae » Thu May 17, 2018 9:44 am

grace818 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:40 pm
HI,

I'm having the same issue although I'm not sure I know what form the acknowledgment letter is in. I applied online 5th April 2018 and received an email that my payment had been taken.

I used National Document Return Service and JCAP on the 6th of April and did all my biometrics the same day. I haven't heard or received anything since then.

should I have received an acknowledgment letter in the post saying that they received my application? From the timeline threads, the acknowledgment letter dates are usually the same or next days and I assumed people were talking about the email but now I'm not sure.
Also, the passport fees have not been taken.
There's no acknowledgement letter for online applications, you get an email. My husband applied on 10 April and got an email the next day.

He also did NDRS and JCAP on 16 April, and the passport fee has not been taken yet. This seems odd, in the past they seem to have taken the fee within 2-3 weeks.

Naveed24
Pakistan

Post by Naveed24 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:55 am

Hi. I have applied online for my wife and daughter. There is no acknowledgement email I received so far. I’ve applied online on 05/07/18 and attended NCS on 18/07/18. Only email I’ve received is about payment. I’m worried now as no passport fee taken as well so far also my appointment with NCS is at 10th working day which is the last day they should receive all documents and I’m attending appointment with council on that day. My documents should be with HO on10th working day. Plz advise.