ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I think Home Office made a mistake with regards to my wife's Permanent Residence date

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

silverslingshot
Newly Registered
Romania

I think Home Office made a mistake with regards to my wife's Permanent Residence date

Post by silverslingshot » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:22 am

I think Home Office made a mistake with regards to my wife's Permanent Residence date.

Just to give a bit of background info - I came here end of June 2012 and started working as self employed (I had a yellow card at the time). My wife joined me August 2012 and she received a blue card based on my yellow card. She started working on 2nd of February 2013 and she is working at the same company since then.

We applied for her PR on the 6th of Feb 2018 and she has just received the Permanent Residence document on the 8th of March 2018 (Dated 02/03/2018). With her PR card she also received a letter saying her Permanent Residence was given on the 6th or April 2017. So technically she can apply for British citizenship after 6th of April 2018.

Question: have Home Office made a mistake with the date of PR? It shouldn't have been 5 years after she started working (so Feb 2018 instead of April 2017)? If that is the case what should we do? We want to apply for BC later in the year but we are worried it might be flag as too early and rejected on the bases she didn't have the PR for a year for applying for BC.

Any help much appreciated.

silverslingshot
Newly Registered
Romania

Re: I think Home Office made a mistake with regards to my wife's Permanent Residence date

Post by silverslingshot » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:30 pm

I would really appreciate a response from somebody who had a similar experience.
Thank you.

silverslingshot
Newly Registered
Romania

Re: I think Home Office made a mistake with regards to my wife's Permanent Residence date

Post by silverslingshot » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:24 pm

I cannot believe from 216 views nobody replied. I'm sure all those views were not only mine. Nobody has no experience with this kind of problem?

Mugen
Ukraine

Post by Mugen » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:25 pm

I don’t have anything to advise in regards to your problem, but if you are worried why not to send an email to HO and ask to clarify it for you?

silverslingshot
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by silverslingshot » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:24 pm

To answer your question: because I don't want to make a problem from something which might not be a problem - if that makes sense. That is why I asked here as I've been reading for a while the forum and I saw that there are quite a few people here that know what they are talking about. So I was hoping my question has somehow surfaced before and there is an easy answer to it.

Also, from what I've been reading, HO don't respond to specific questions about a person in an email or over the phone. You have to make a "subject access request" and send "written confirmation of a true likeness" signed from people like:
a legal representative, registered with the Office for the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC)
a solicitor, barrister or chartered legal executive
a commissioner for oaths
a registered charity

We don't know anybody eligible to sign that paper so we would be forced to hire a solicitor to do the papers for all 4 of us.

Thank you for your reply anyway.

ribena

Post by ribena » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:34 pm

Hi silver slingshot,

It's not expensive to get a commisioner of oath or a solicitor to "written confirmation of a true likeness".
Have you actually asked around how much it will cost?

I did a SAR and I paid £5 for the solicitor to verify my true likeness.

If the PR letter said she acquired PR on 6th April 2017, then she can apply BC from 6th April 2018. It's only another week or so to 6th April, I feel it's not worth the time getting SAR now, what would it achieve?

Can apply BC from 6th April 2018 onwards. Bring this letter to the NCS if you are applying via NCS.

I applied my BC 2 days after the date acquired on my PR letter.

Hope this helps.

silverslingshot
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by silverslingshot » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:58 pm

Hi Ribena,

Thanks for replying!

I'm not aware how much it costs to ask a solicitor to verify for true likeness, but I will make sure to ask locally. For some reason I was thinking it is a lot. Hopefully it will be something like you said (£5).

We want to apply all 4 of us (me, my wife and the kids) at the same time for BC so we want to make sure we are all eligible. When me and the kids received the PR back in November 2017 Home office didn't include a letter stating when they think we have acquired the PR so that is why we have to ask for us as well and to clarify for my wife.

ribena

Post by ribena » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:04 pm

Hello,

Sorry, I didn't realise that you and your children did not receive a letter stating when you/children acquired PR.

Do check around the £ to get the verify true likeness done.

Good luck!

Alex_uiu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Alex_uiu » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:24 pm

Hi silverslingshot,

Hope the application went well. Could you please give us an update on how it went? I am in a similar position with your wife and I spent days already to find out if I can apply for British citizenship now or I have to wait for longer. Your reply would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,
Alex