ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa Application Issue - Visa4uk

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dng_131
India

Visitor Visa Application Issue - Visa4uk

Post by dng_131 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:06 pm

Dear Members,

I am applying for visitor visa for my parents. They are based in India. I successfully submitted my father's application and I have also downloaded visa application form (12 pages). I then tried to do the same for my mother's application. I successfully paid for my mother's visa fee and everything went through nicely. But I am not able to print my mother's application form. The message I am getting is due to heavy demand your application could take 60 minutes before you can print (Please see attached snip for the reference). My mother's application was green and ticked so there were no errors either.

I read few old thread and they menioned that try to update the appointment and I should be able to print my mother's visa applicaiton. I tried this too but still no luck.

Has anyone had similar issue? Or should I wait few days? I have already sent an email to their technical dpt so let's see what they say?

Please let me know if there is something I could do. It is well over 60 minutes since I submitted the application. Many thanks in advance. And apologies if I have not posted this question in a proper section.
Attachments
Visa.PNG
Visa.PNG (12.58 KiB) Viewed 2694 times

dng_131
India

Re: Visitor Visa Application Issue - Visa4uk

Post by dng_131 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:36 pm

Hello Members,

Just an update on this ongoing thread. I called to the premioum number (1.37 GBP per minute) to find out what was the issue. And I found out that there was some technical error from the website and hence I could not print option for my mother's visa applicaiton. I was able to print the visa application in the afternoon and it was straight forward afterwards.

Hopefully, this thread will be helpful in the future if someone encounter similar issue.

Kind regards.

DG

Chase53

Post by Chase53 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:59 am

Do we have to apply through visa4uk website for a UK standard Visitor visa for my parents?

I thought we should apply on the following website instead.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... visit-visa

Can you please suggest me which one is the correct one?

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:09 am

Hi Chase53,

The link you have provided will eventully take you to the option where you have to use Visa4UK website. This link asks you few quesions and after pressing next it will take you to the final page, and over there it will take you to the apply online page, and once you register then you will get an account from which you will be able to use Visa4UK website.

Below link is a direct link which takes direcly to the website page.

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

I hope this help.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:49 pm

Just a headsup.

My parents went to VFS center and submitted all the documents, and at the end of their biometircs, VFS staff returned their visa applications. I do not know why and what is VFS's procedure? But it made me wonder that why would they return the original visa application form?

How on earth visa case worker would know about what is the visa requirement for my parents? Could be via an online application?

Let me know if anyone know about this.

Thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:38 pm

dng_131 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:49 pm
Just a headsup.

My parents went to VFS center and submitted all the documents, and at the end of their biometircs, VFS staff returned their visa applications. I do not know why and what is VFS's procedure? But it made me wonder that why would they return the original visa application form?

How on earth visa case worker would know about what is the visa requirement for my parents? Could be via an online application?

Let me know if anyone know about this.

Thanks.
VFS scan the original documents and forward electronically for HO assessment.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:26 pm

Thanks Casa,

They did not inform my parents about the process so my parents had the concern. If they scan it and forward it to the HO then it is fine. Thanks for your help.