ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyway to contact a managing director of Immigration /passport control?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lukus
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Anyway to contact a managing director of Immigration /passport control?

Post by lukus » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:50 pm

Hi all

I am from the UK & met my partner in Ireland who was there under a student Visa and obviously, we want to continue our relationship to the fullest so we recently got married, yesterday, in Denmark and intend to do all the normal procedure in the UK (apply for spouse visa, look into getting a house etc).

However I work a fair bit in Ireland (hence how I met her) and I am due to be back there start of April for a month or two but as a self employed person /contractor dates are always changing.

To me, it therefore made sense for my wife to stay in ireland and as she has a week left on her visa and then to continue based on the fact of accompanying me. There might have been a small cross over but I imagined a bit of leeway as to my mistake, I expected Immigration control to have been human beings, and as a minimum, to treat people like human beings..

The officer we dealt with was disgusting with absolutely no professionalism - I understand they have to ask certain questions but he sounded like a child and made small remarks around everything. He checked things like the fact we recently been to mexico to test if I was lying but obviously he couldn't care less of any of the facts we presented to him, he was just wanting us to have been lying as a free ticket to deny entry by the looks of it!

The icing on the cake would have be the fact that he denied entry beyond her visa permit and asked us to e-mail him the ticket out (which is fine) however, after handing a piece of paper with his e-mail on it, my wife quickly looked at it and asked him if he could write it clearer to which he gave her a dirty look and a very audibe "Pfffffft".

As it stands now, it looks like my wife will have to come here at the end of the month and then the very next day, will be having to come back to Ireland as I'm going there for work! but now this particular officer has created uncertainty.

I understand an expiring visa, entry on same day as marraige and the fact I did go back to the UK next day (I still needed to go back for my clothes /work equipment regardless) doesn't give the best of images, but at the end of the day we don't make the rules, we're just trying our best to follow them for our situation and we both stil have commitments - we're not millionaires at the end of the day.

We fully expected the possibility of it being denied, but she would still had to go back to get her clothes etc and she would of had to speak to her boss today /give the weeks notice and so on, but the fact is still standing, I will be coming to ireland to work for a month or two and we dont want to be seporated either?

I'm not sure if there is someone high standing that can be contacting to make a complaint? The general impression I get is they have no complaint procedure (other than by written letter) and what looked to be an e-mail address that wont get responded to, as the accompanying phone number to it seemed uninterested.

Please advise
Kind regards

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Anyway to contact a managing director of Immigration /passport control?

Post by chaoclive » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:29 am

Hi there

I don't have any advice about your actual issues but I just wanted to say that the Irish Immigration Officers I have dealt with are absolute crap. They have been rude and unprofessional to us (myself (Irish citizen & my Chinese civil partner) on many occasions.

I complained by email and took things to Solvit (I live in the UK but regularly fly through Dublin). They were both a waste of time! The email was never responded to and Solvit were useless!

In the end I gave up as I hadn't actually lost anything.

I just wanted you not to expect much from the complaints process!