ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Thai girlfriend

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Irish_Bhoy
Newly Registered
Ireland

Visa for Thai girlfriend

Post by Irish_Bhoy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:30 pm

Hi all

I have gone through similar posts on here regarding this but wondering if anyone has some more up to date information.
I have known her for 1 and a half years and have been to see her 4 times. We talk on messenger many times a day too.
The problem we have is that she is separated from her husband (I know this to be true) so she needs to write a letter that she can no longer contact him as he has basically abandoned her and her two daughters.
One is only 14 so i have her birth cert and need to get it translated into english for the application.

Is there any tips for making sure we have all necessary documents ready and are not missing anything ?

I will be doing the online application and also completing all letters and i have stated this on my accompanying letter to invite her.
As she is from a small rural village i will be supporting her and her family. Is a p60 and some recent pay slips enough for me to provide ? I also have a letter from the company i work for plus details of our flights together throughout Thailand and Vietnam aswell as many pictures of us including screenshots of the amount of time we spend talking on messenger and Skype.

I need to post all this to her home so she can sign and also send her passport and bank statement with application to Bangkok.

I know they are looking for a reason for her to travel back home so i am hoping having a teenage daughter and elderly parents would be good enough along with my guarantee that she will not be a burden on the state.

Is there any more info i could include to help make the application succesfull first time around ?

Thanks in advance

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Visa for Thai girlfriend

Post by broli » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:54 am

Hi buddy ,

I am no lawyer but man bringing a " separated " "i will say a married girlfriend " from thailand to europe this is obviously ugly.
Which immigration will believe this :?: She must be divorced thats the bare minimum if you want to even look serious.

Irish_Bhoy
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Irish_Bhoy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:23 am

I understand that but she needs him to sign papers for divorce but she has no contact and only other option is to get a lawyer to go to court which will cost a bit and take long.
I have already called the Irish consulate and they advised me for her to write a statement.

Thairish
Newly Registered

Post by Thairish » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:42 pm

Been through this a few times for my gf from thailand, we are now married and living together in Ireland.

You'll need to supply as much information as possible to:

a) prove relationship is genuine, so entry/exit stamps of your passport. Photo's together, skype/facebook records, invoices for hotels/flights together
b) you can support her whilst she's in Ireland, so bank statement, P60, wage slips, proof of address (mortgage/rent contract)
c) that she has good reason to return to Thailand, letter from employer, wage slips, house book for house/land she owns, even proof of ownership of car/motorbike can help. Evidence that shes supporting family etc. Thai ID Card.

Re her being married, did she legalise the marraige at the Amphur? If so her ID card will say she's married and you'll have to explain that she's seperated and trying to get a divorce. A lot of the time in Thailand marraiges aren't actually legalised at the Amphur its just a village ceremony in which case theres no marraige cert and technically she's not married.

Stay away from any of the agencies offering Visa services, they charge a fortune and can't influence the outcome one bit. Once she has all the documents together and you've completed the online form she'll need to go to the Embassy in Bangkok and submit the application along with her passport. Can't be posted.

Embassy staff in Bangkok can't refuse visa's but if they aren't happy to approve they can refer it to INIS in Dublin. In which case it takes longer and can be refused.

Hope it all works out

Irish_Bhoy
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Irish_Bhoy » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:01 am

Thanks for the help.
I thought it could be posted. She is about 5 hours bus journey away from Bangkok, from reading the website i thought the application plus documents were to be sent to the Irish Consulate. I didn't think that she needed to go in person.
She doesn't have any wage slips as she only works casually on a rice farm.
It is me that supports her and her family. I have the deeds from her home but it is not in her name. Same as for motorbike, i pay for it but its in her fathers name.
I'll ask her about the marriage cert but i'm pretty sure that it was legalized as she has papers. I will ask her to send me a copy of her ID card to double check.
I have evidence of flights/buses e.t.c but for hotels it never asked for 2nd guest name.

And one more thing, we both got the same tattoo on our arms in January , Would it be wise to include that with application ?

Thairish
Newly Registered

Post by Thairish » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:03 pm

No can't be posted, although if she has friend/family member in Bangkok they could take it on her behalf.

Wouldn't include tattoo :)

Would include copies of any bank/money transfers. Full detailed account of how you's met etc and why she will return to Thailand. In my experience go for overkill include more than enough.

Irish_Bhoy
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Irish_Bhoy » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:52 pm

Thairish wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:03 pm
No can't be posted, although if she has friend/family member in Bangkok they could take it on her behalf.

Wouldn't include tattoo :)

Would include copies of any bank/money transfers. Full detailed account of how you's met etc and why she will return to Thailand. In my experience go for overkill include more than enough.
Cheers, Probably better if i just go over and hand it in with her.
Some of my transfers were done by western union so i don't have the receipts anymore but i have some online transactions and also receipts for telephone top ups for her and her daughter's plus she lodges cash pick up's into bank.

As for the tattoo it has a four leaf clover. :)

To be honest i have so much information on our contact together i cannot see any reason why they would refuse .
I am just going to attach everything of us together and why she will return to Thailand.
The plan is for her to stay for three months to see how we get on, maybe after that something else might happen but i am not sure if i should include that on application.

minhabolacha
Newly Registered

Post by minhabolacha » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:21 pm

I just went to Irish Embasssy in Bkk at the beginning of March to pick up my visa (EU spouse).

The application has to be submitted in person, herself or someone else, but can not be posted.https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/thaila ... r-ireland/
You can also email them questions and usually they reply extremely quickly for the embassy standard.

For her being married, there is a free lawyer service in Thailand if she really wants to be divorced, given that she was abandoned over a year and she has no money. Maybe if she started the process then she can provide the document to the embassy and make it easier?