ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused with BRP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ihssane
Newly Registered
Morocco

Confused with BRP

Post by Ihssane » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:38 pm

HI ,
I’m planing to apply for British citizenship soon. I’ve been living in the UK for 10 years. I came on a spouse visa in 2008 and applied for ILR in 2010. I have the ilr sticker in my old passport and i always traveled holding both an expired passport with the ilr and my current passport and never had a problem...my question is, do i need to apply for BRP In order to apply for naturalisation or shall i just send my old passport with the ilr sticker on it ?
Thank you.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Confused with BRP

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:13 pm

No need for BRP, your ILR sticker is proof that you have it, therefore submit that with your application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.