ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 General to UK Student visa process

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karpagav
Newly Registered

Tier2 General to UK Student visa process

Post by karpagav » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:01 pm

Dear team, I am currently employed in the UK and it has been a year now. I have a Tier2 General visa till 2020 provided by my current employer(Sponsor). I would like to pursue a 1-year master course at a university in the UK.

Can you help me with the process of getting a UK Student visa? My course starts in September 2018.
Can I do a part-time job in a UK student visa?

How can I accommodate my dependents (Spouse & kids) in the UK during my learning period of 1 year? What visa category I should raise for?

Thanks
kv

Blattes

Re: Tier2 General to UK Student visa process

Post by Blattes » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:37 am

You can work up to 20 hours per week under Tier 4 visa assuming you have your national insurance number. And full time on holidays. I am not very sure about Tier 4 independent visa but I am sure you and your family can switch from UK.

vinny

Re: Tier2 General to UK Student visa process

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:45 am

Why don’t you pursue a part-time Masters course while you remain under Tier 2 (General)?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.