ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 to Tier 2 - RCoS or UCoS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KG82
Newly Registered
India

Post by KG82 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:40 pm

Hi all

Could the members/moderators please help me with a few queries I have.

I am a doctor working with the NHS just about to be a year old in the UK. I am on Tier 5 right now.

I am switching the employer. And Tier 5 to Tier 2 (not sure if this is the appropriate forum even, any guidance appreciated).

Will I need a RCoS or a UCoS in my scenario?? My hr tells me it will be RCoS as I am on Tier 5 and will need to leave the country, have it changed to Tier 2.

I have had a RCoS rejection for the third time!! And my job is ending next week! I am absolutely clueless as to what to do next!!

My HR has assured me they will keep on resubmitting the application till they get the CoS and are hopeful for April since the limit resets then.

But not sure if the CoS I need is RCoS and if it is then whether there is any hope for getting one next or forthcoming months!

Please let me know.

Many thanks
K

thisB
Canada

Post by thisB » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:38 pm

You do need an RCoS and you also need to leave the country to apply. You can't switch from Tier 5 to Tier 2, you have no make a new visa application.

KG82
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 5 to Tier 2 - RCoS or UCoS

Post by KG82 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:38 pm

Thanks so much