ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shab4118
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Shab4118 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:56 pm

Brand wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:48 pm
Shab4118 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:27 pm
Hi guys,
Just a quick question.
I applied on 23 November 2017 but never heard anything frm HO. Yesterday i emailed them and received a reply today saying “ Thank you for your e-mail. You will be contacted by post within 21 days“

I just want to know with your experience, this reply means they will be asking for more information or they will send decision.

Thanks in advance for your time and reply
You will get your outcome soon. That what it means! I received a similar reply to my email and then within a week I received my approval letter! I applied a week before you...

Good luck
Thanks Brand :)

calavera99
Turkey

Post by calavera99 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:37 am

I received exactly the same email on 12th of March. I am still waiting to receive a letter :/

I had applied on 27 Nov 2017

Shab4118
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shab4118 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:38 am

Hope you will get good news very soon,
Please keep us posted what you receive.
Thanks and good luck!!

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:52 pm

Has anyone had any experience of writing to the home office to request an update? I phoned them today and they said that they can input anything new in the system (unless it's after a month of your previous phone call). Is this true? She said the only other option is to write to them by post (as I have not been getting any response to my emails)...

K-King-D
Newly Registered

Post by K-King-D » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:16 pm

Hey guys,
I emailed FMT about my case status and I got this email back.

Thank you for your e-mail. All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 23RD December 17, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

Basically they received my application on the 5th December and I’ve done my biometric on the 23rd December. Shall I send them another email saying that you received my application on the 5th Dec, or what can I do? Any advces please.

Thanks and all the best guys

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:24 pm

K-King-D wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:16 pm
Hey guys,
I emailed FMT about my case status and I got this email back.

Thank you for your e-mail. All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 23RD December 17, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

Basically they received my application on the 5th December and I’ve done my biometric on the 23rd December. Shall I send them another email saying that you received my application on the 5th Dec, or what can I do? Any advces please.

Thanks and all the best guys
Just wait patiently. Don't bombard HO with emails. Your application only starts getting looked at once Biometrics are done.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shab4118
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shab4118 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:27 pm

calavera99 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:37 am
I received exactly the same email on 12th of March. I am still waiting to receive a letter :/

I had applied on 27 Nov 2017
Hi,
I have just received my approval letter , thanks @brand
Good luck to all

Shab4118
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shab4118 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:33 pm

Bathroom11 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:54 am
khlid77 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:18 pm
Hi beautiful peoples durning my Pr application
I got a lot of help in this furm and it was
Successful application
I have posted this question on this furm
2 to 3 weeks ago but haven't got any comments
Yet I'm posting here hopully I will get reply thank you all In Advace.

My immigration history
1-student visa valid Until 24/12/2011
2-tier4 application sent in time 22/12/11
3- 7/01/2012 tier 4 app Rejected as invalid due to payment problem
4-23/01/2012 another tier 4 app sent
5-25/01/2012 arrested during our wedding ceremony and served an IS151A

And kept me in removal center
6- Got bail on 15/02/12 put me in reporting until decision of pending tier4 application

7- Got married to my EU wife on 01/03/2012
8-sent eea2 and eea1 on 07/03/12 and withdraw tier 4 pending app

09- 11-04/12 got COA with right to work for eea2
10- Got resident card on 01/09/12

Applied for PR on March 2017 (5years after Marrigae)
Got interview for PR and after 1 week of interview
Got Pr card on September 2017

Note: PR aquire date on letter march 2017

Am I Eligible for BC March 2018 or Sep 2018 ?
will be consider overstyer or breach of immigration law in good character ?
Do I have any chance to be success I'm worry about the gap and IS151A ?
Sorry for the long question .

I Request to everyone and specially moderators @Obie @Casa @Amber @Vinny. ..
& applicant who got similler cases like me
@smallpie @Bhirngham06 @bathroom11 .... please reply me I need your help and advice thanks . Everyone
Hello mate in my opinion apply after one year passed from the date on the card so if the date on your permanent card written date of issue is march then apply in march if date of issue September then apply in September forgot about letters and date of marriage and all these things look at the date of issue on the card

My 2nd advice from your history looks like going to be very complicated surely it will take time because there were arrests and some rejections in your history I don't want to scare you but I am sure there going to be long delay and questions best case scenario for you the will send you this questionnaire 8 questions asking about how did you maintain yourself during this illegal stay 24/11/2011 and 11/4/2012 so be prepared for the battle but you will win at the end if you have all of your evidences and good luck
Hi
Just wanted to update you guys, i applied on 23 November 2017 , letter from HO showed that I acquired PR ON 23 November 2016 but PR issue date was March 2017.
Today just now I received my approval letter so in my case HO dint creat any issue and approved my application.
Good luck

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:07 pm

silverchloride wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:52 pm
Has anyone had any experience of writing to the home office to request an update? I phoned them today and they said that they can input anything new in the system (unless it's after a month of your previous phone call). Is this true? She said the only other option is to write to them by post (as I have not been getting any response to my emails)...
I don't think there is such a thing as one month gap, though I understand they don't tend to answer or refer for a phone call/email reply from Caseworking team unless 6 months have passed from the date of debit of fees for naturalisation. Also, try this ... Call them with a different number and don't say you called earlier. Simply give a new phone number and email address. They would give you a 5 day time to get back to you.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:10 pm

dontringthebell wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:07 pm
I don't think there is such a thing as one month gap, though I understand they don't tend to answer or refer for a phone call/email reply from Caseworking team unless 6 months have passed from the date of debit of fees for naturalisation. Also, try this ... Call them with a different number and don't say you called earlier. Simply give a new phone number and email address. They would give you a 5 day time to get back to you.

Yes that makes sense - they recognised my number and asked if I had called earlier. She also asked me for my email address and I guess they have the phone / email system linked. She said that because I had phoned earlier this month (and recieved a call back the next day), she will not be able to make any ammendments to the system (or request anything) unless a month has passed. She suggested that I might want to write a letter instead..

Today I sent a letter by post to the home office requesting an update. Fingers crossed! It's inhumane to keep people in the dark, it's been almost 6months 22 days today and still waiting for a decision :(

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:12 am

silverchloride wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:10 pm
dontringthebell wrote:

Yes that makes sense - they recognised my number and asked if I had called earlier. She also asked me for my email address and I guess they have the phone / email system linked. She said that because I had phoned earlier this month (and recieved a call back the next day), she will not be able to make any ammendments to the system (or request anything) unless a month has passed. She suggested that I might want to write a letter instead..

Today I sent a letter by post to the home office requesting an update. Fingers crossed! It's inhumane to keep people in the dark, it's been almost 6months 22 days today and still waiting for a decision :(
I understand your predicament until very recently I felt the same. Take a chill pill and enjoy your life because once the approval arrives you won't get this part of your life back. You are working yourself up when might be its due to the adverse weather conditions things are getting delayed further.

When were your fees debited and how long has it been since ... that is the actual time, date of application is irrelevant. My approval letter carried date exactly 6 months from the date of debit of fees.

hopefulever
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by hopefulever » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:57 pm

Hello all,
I have a (hopefully) quick question about the process after approval letter is received which I hope someone can help me with.
I have a applied for citizenship for my son and myself (we didn't apply for passport at the same time so will need to do that later).
Once (fingers crossed) we get our approval letter, I know I need to book a ceremony for myself (kid doesn't need it).
The question is, after the approval letter and ceremony, do we get some document as a proof of our British citizenship? Will we get it in the post and how long after the ceremony?
Can we apply for passport straight after the ceremony of do we need to wait for confirmation document? How long does it usually take to get the passport?

Thank you very much for your help.
J

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:20 pm

hopefulever wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:57 pm
Hello all,
I have a (hopefully) quick question about the process after approval letter is received which I hope someone can help me with.
I have a applied for citizenship for my son and myself (we didn't apply for passport at the same time so will need to do that later).
Once (fingers crossed) we get our approval letter, I know I need to book a ceremony for myself (kid doesn't need it).
The question is, after the approval letter and ceremony, do we get some document as a proof of our British citizenship? Will we get it in the post and how long after the ceremony?
Can we apply for passport straight after the ceremony of do we need to wait for confirmation document? How long does it usually take to get the passport?

Thank you very much for your help.
J
Certificates are given to you at your ceremony. Children is usual posted to you but often given to you with yours at the ceremony.
Adults get a Certificate of Naturalisation as British citizen
Children get a Certificate of Registration as British citizen

You can apply immediately for a passport. It can take up to 6 weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:24 pm

dontringthebell wrote:

I understand your predicament until very recently I felt the same. Take a chill pill and enjoy your life because once the approval arrives you won't get this part of your life back. You are working yourself up when might be its due to the adverse weather conditions things are getting delayed further.

When were your fees debited and how long has it been since ... that is the actual time, date of application is irrelevant. My approval letter carried date exactly 6 months from the date of debit of fees.
You're totally right! I go between 'don't care and forget about it for now' to 'should I be a bit more proactive, could I possibly do anything' ...

Will keep calm, meditate and let things take their course ... this too shall pass! :)

Maserati_
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Maserati_ » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:40 pm

Applied on 7th September 2017! Still waiting for a decision.
Just so you know you’re not alone!

Shab4118
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shab4118 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:59 am

Hi guys,
Just wanted to know how many days it takes to get passport after ceremony, if passport was applied at the same time with application through NCS
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:11 am

Shab4118 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:59 am
Hi guys,
Just wanted to know how many days it takes to get passport after ceremony, if passport was applied at the same time with application through NCS
Thanks
It can take a couple of weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Shab4118
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shab4118 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:02 pm

Thanks CR001

Shab4118
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shab4118 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:11 am
Shab4118 wrote:
Hi guys,
Thanks
Do they call for interview to those applicants who applied through JCAP?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:51 pm

Shab4118 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:19 pm
CR001 wrote:
Shab4118 wrote:
Hi guys,
Thanks
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

fairness777
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fairness777 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:56 pm

Dear all friends,

Trust you're well.

If you have a complaint about the service, you can email your complaint to this address:
complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

According to the website: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... complaints

Complaints do not affect our decision-making process and making a complaint doesn’t mean that your application will be dealt with more quickly or more slowly.

They would investigate your complaint and reply to you within 20 working days.

If you are not satisfied with the response, you can ask them to review the matter and a senior member of staff will carry out an independent review of your complaint.

If you’re still not satisfied at this stage, you may be able to raise the matter with the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman who may be able to help you.

The link is here: https://www.ombudsman.org.uk/

I suggest that you consult with a professional body like a solicitor in advance in order to help you to draft your complaint.

I wish you all the best, and I hope we all get our approvals soon.

No one deserve to be treated unfairly and unjustly.

Shab4118
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shab4118 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:51 pm
Shab4118 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:19 pm
CR001 wrote:
Shab4118 wrote:
Hi guys,
Thanks
Thanks

No.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:57 pm

Maserati_ wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:40 pm
Have you had much communication from Home Office since then? Is there anything you might think is delaying the application?

Maserati_
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Maserati_ » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:20 am

silverchloride wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:57 pm
Maserati_ wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:40 pm
Have you had much communication from Home Office since then? Is there anything you might think is delaying the application?
Haven’t heard anything back since the acknowledgement letter. I recall it saying that they will let me know if the application was not going to be processed within the six month standard?

Regarding the delay, I’ve had some
tax arrears, which I have now paid in full. Unsure if this is what caused delays.
How about you?

yosephn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by yosephn » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:54 pm

Just wanted to let people know that my 6-month and 18 days journey of waiting has come to an end yesterday morning! I received my approval dated the 15th of March

I applied on the 6th of September 2017! I am very grateful to this forum for all the valuable information! The forum has really helped keep me sane in the waiting process. 

All the best everyone and for those who are waiting, I hope you will hear good news!