ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions on switching from Tier 4 dependent to Tier 2 main applicant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mahi8132
Newly Registered
India

Questions on switching from Tier 4 dependent to Tier 2 main applicant

Post by mahi8132 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:05 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier 4 dependent visa and visa is valid till dec 2018. Currently, I am working as a IT contractor via my own limited company. Meanwhile, I got a permanent job and they are ready to offer me Tier 2 sponsorship. My current contract ends on April 30th and my permanent job would start from May 1st. My COS states my start date of employment is May 1st. Can I know when would be the right time to apply for Tier 2 switch as I want to be eligible to do contracting till April 30th.

If I apply for switching to tier 2 visa now, would i loose the eligibility to continue my current contract till April?

My wife is on Tier 4 ( Main Applicant ) visa and I would like to switch her visa to my dependent at a later point of time when she is about to complete her studies, may be in september 2018 but not now. Will that be possible??

Thanks,

mahi8132
Newly Registered
India

Re: Questions on switching from Tier 4 dependent to Tier 2 main applicant

Post by mahi8132 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:39 pm

Can anyone please answer my questions. I need urgent help!!