ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

concerning Visa and work permit for my

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shahid_kh
Newly Registered

concerning Visa and work permit for my

Post by shahid_kh » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:16 pm

I am writing to make an enquiry concerning Visa and work permit for my
pakistani husband.

I am a person of polish nationality. I work and live in the UK for 18
months now. I am registered in Home Office (WRS). I am employed on a
permanent contract basis.

On 25 of January 2008 I married a pakistani. The wedding took place in
Pakistan. My husband has UK Business Visit Visa, which expires on september
2009. At the moment he come to see me in uk .Because he have Visite Visa he cant work in uk .It is very defficult for both of us leave eachother in the begning of our relationship. Me and my husband would like to live and work in the UK together.
What i would like to know is he can applye for EEA2 form. Is his Current Visa allow him to apply for residence. What documents and conditions do we have to fulfill so that my husband
would obtain work permit in the UK appart from EEA2 form ? Can we obtain such work permit here
in UK?

Thanks in advance for answering my question.

Kind Regards

evil_grrrl666

Post by evil_grrrl666 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:11 pm

Yes he can apply for eea2. and no there is no other work permit he can apply for.

for required documents, look at the eea2 form which is on the BIA website.
basically you need to prove that you are married, so your marriage certificate, maybe a covering letter explaining your relationship, how you met, some photo's etc. Then you need to prove that you are working, for that you will need payslips/contracts/etc.
Also, you will need both your passports.
If you would like to apply for EEA1 at the same time as your husband's EEA2, just put all the documents together into one envelope and post it to the address mentioned on the EEA1 form.

If you are employed, and not a burden on public funds in UK, you and your husband have the right to be in the UK, no matter if you apply for EEA1/EEA2 at all. It is just hard to prove to prospective employers that your husband is allowed to work without the permit.
So: from the moment you got married, YOUR HUSBAND HAS THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK IN THE UK - as long as you both are married and you are living in the UK without needing any public funds!
There are no restrictions that people on particular visas cannot change their status to EEA2 or anything like that. The moment the marriage took place, your husband's status changed automatically. All you need is a paper to prove it to people (EEA2).