ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I messed up - please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wak9001
United Kingdom

I messed up - please help

Post by wak9001 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:48 pm

Hi guys,

I just purchased priority service but for some reason it has decision making centre as Islamabad but I chose mirpur. Can I use this or not ?? will I need to pay locally now and get fast track done there ?

Can someone please let me know asap, the payment timed out and I had to start from beginning, so not sure how this managed to happen.

Many thanks

wak9001
United Kingdom

Re: I messed up - please help

Post by wak9001 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:28 pm

Can anyone help ?? not sure on what to do and we go on Monday for Biometrics.

AL1982
Pakistan

Post by AL1982 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:07 pm

Does the Biometric appointment letter show the Mirpur address?

If so go to the appointment as scheduled and query it.

If it timed out and you had to repay, you may have forgot to change to Mirpur.

Alternatively, you still have the option of changing appointment times - you may also be able to change location. Log in to your Visa application account and check.

wak9001
United Kingdom

Post by wak9001 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:49 pm

AL1982 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:07 pm

Alternatively, you still have the option of changing appointment times - you may also be able to change location. Log in to your Visa application account and check.
Yeah the appointment letter is Mirpur, the wife is taking money just incase. She can pay there if needed and I'll get in contact with VFS and to see if they'll refund this.

I just went and retrieved the quote, didn't have to put in the location in again. I'm 100% I chose Mirpur. It's such a stressful time as it is and this just added to it :( :( . I'm unable to change now, so will just get her to go there and hopefully they can resolve it there end.

AL1982
Pakistan

Post by AL1982 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:41 am

wak9001 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:49 pm
AL1982 wrote:

Yeah the appointment letter is Mirpur, the wife is taking money just incase. She can pay there if needed and I'll get in contact with VFS and to see if they'll refund this.

I just went and retrieved the quote, didn't have to put in the location in again. I'm 100% I chose Mirpur. It's such a stressful time as it is and this just added to it :( :( . I'm unable to change now, so will just get her to go there and hopefully they can resolve it there end.

If the payment had gone through, you should have received an email with the following:

Dear NAME HERE,
Thank you for payment through VFS website.

Please print the attached online transaction receipt and carry the copy to the UK Visa Application Centre.

The email should also contain a pdf copy of priority receipt which you should attach to your supporting documents.

According to the website (https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pakistan/us ... vices.html) you can pay at location.

Priority Visa Settlement Expedite processing of settlement visa applications ahead of all other non-priority applications PKR 87,990/applicant payable in cash at VAC or GBP 551 online

Double check your bank account just in case you have been charged.

wak9001
United Kingdom

Post by wak9001 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:20 am

AL1982 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:41 am
wak9001 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:49 pm
AL1982 wrote:

If the payment had gone through, you should have received an email with the following:

Dear NAME HERE,
Thank you for payment through VFS website.

Please print the attached online transaction receipt and carry the copy to the UK Visa Application Centre.

The email should also contain a pdf copy of priority receipt which you should attach to your supporting documents.

According to the website (https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pakistan/us ... vices.html) you can pay at location.

Priority Visa Settlement Expedite processing of settlement visa applications ahead of all other non-priority applications PKR 87,990/applicant payable in cash at VAC or GBP 551 online

Double check your bank account just in case you have been charged.
Yes I got this email and payment but taken , but only issue is the decision making centre is down as Islamabad when I chose Mirpur as this is where my wife is going to hand her passport into. Will that mean this priority service is incorrect and she'll need to pay again at Mirpur and if so, will VFS give me a refund. As i'd be paying for it twice.

Duas no issues at Mirpur can rectify without any issues, insha'allah.

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:38 am

You can request for a refund at VFS global website

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pakistan/pd ... Refund.pdf
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

wak9001
United Kingdom

Post by wak9001 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:00 pm

metanoia wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:38 am

Thank you .... my wife went and they refused to take her passport because a duplicate has been created on the Islamabad system apparently. So she has to go back ...... this is soooo stressful right now, I just want the damn thing over with.

Has anyone had this issue before, where passports have been refused at the Biometrics appointment.

They said it takes 24 hours to remove and they'll contact her with further instructions. Should I do anything my end?

Any input by anyone would be appreciated as I am really stressing.

Thanks

AL1982
Pakistan

Post by AL1982 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:47 pm

wak9001 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:00 pm
metanoia wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:38 am

Thank you .... my wife went and they refused to take her passport because a duplicate has been created on the Islamabad system apparently. So she has to go back ...... this is soooo stressful right now, I just want the damn thing over with.

Has anyone had this issue before, where passports have been refused at the Biometrics appointment.

They said it takes 24 hours to remove and they'll contact her with further instructions. Should I do anything my end?

Thanks

I've not heard of this happening before.

I guess you'll have to wait for further instructions as they've said, but do call them up in two days time to chase up. You want to allow time for 24 hours removal period and then some time to process/contact.

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:10 am

wak9001 wrote:

Thanks
There could be varying reasons when they could refuse to honour your appointment. Ofcourse an error has been made on your end and they asked for some time to rectify it. Technology can be troublesome at times.

Do chased them up and get your biometrics done. Be patient, I wish you a smooth journey ahead but this spouse visa process needs time and patience.

Good luck.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

wak9001
United Kingdom

Post by wak9001 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:46 am

metanoia wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:10 am
wak9001 wrote:

Thanks
There could be varying reasons when they could refuse to honour your appointment. Ofcourse an error has been made on your end and they asked for some time to rectify it. Technology can be troublesome at times.

Do chased them up and get your biometrics done. Be patient, I wish you a smooth journey ahead but this spouse visa process needs time and patience.

Good luck.
Thank you for the messages :) ... they rang exactly 24 hours after her original appointment and asked her to come in today to drop her passport off which she has now , so all the Biometrics stuff is completed. They accepted the Priority we done online and simply moved the data from Islamabad to Mirpur. Overall an easy process. Documents are now being sent and we wait patiently. Keep me in your prayers and thanks again for all your help !!