ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa Query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

megha123
Newly Registered
India

Re: UK Spouse Visa Query

Post by megha123 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:07 pm

Thanks seagul, that is helpful.

megha123
Newly Registered
India

Post by megha123 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:03 pm

Hello there,

Following upon the same query of printed bank statements with a stamp only, my husband did visit his bank TSB today. He did ask the bank to sign on each page but they denied. It is something that they haven't heard before (strange). At the moment, we only have a stamp on each page. My husband is of the opinion to let them go as they are. However, I am not sure about this. Could you please advise what we could do to avoid any rejection? This is all so tiresome.

Thanks,
Megha

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:17 pm

There is no requirement of a signature. It only needs to be stamped.

(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:01 pm

megha123 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:03 pm
Hello there,

Following upon the same query of printed bank statements with a stamp only, my husband did visit his bank TSB today. He did ask the bank to sign on each page but they denied. It is something that they haven't heard before (strange). At the moment, we only have a stamp on each page. My husband is of the opinion to let them go as they are. However, I am not sure about this. Could you please advise what we could do to avoid any rejection? This is all so tiresome.

Thanks,
Megha
Almost all banks if stamp the online print out bank statements then they do sign them as well. If they are on original letterhead then it should be fine. Or very least you can ask them to give you a balance certificate which every bank without denial give to its customers on original letter head bearing stamp with sign and that letter you can attach at very top and give it go. Should work.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:10 am

megha123 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:45 am
Hello there,

Is it necessary to photocopy each and everything? For instance, online travel confirmation can be used as an evidence under the heading of Relationship. It doesn't matter if such documents are not returned back as we can print again. Photocopying can add to the weight of the final submission. Please share your thoughts on this.

We were informed by VFS to post the supporting documents at the following address: I hope it is correct-
PO Box 5852
Sheffield
S11 0FX

Many thanks,
megha
Hi Megha,

Hopefully you're partner has submitted the documents successfully. Actually, I'm in the same boat, I'm from Gujarat & my wife has submitted her application in Bangalore just recently, and we're confused as to how to send the docs, as I had sent all my docs to her only to discover at the VFS office that she will have to send them on her own to Sheffield. And, not very helpful, that she was told to find out herself how to send docs to Sheffield!

My concern is will they recognise the application just by the GWF number on the application form that will go with it? The reason for this question is because there is a mention of some barcodes to be attached for each section. Any help is deeply appreciated. :-)

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:23 pm

KayPee wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:10 am
megha123 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:45 am
Hello there,

Is it necessary to photocopy each and everything? For instance, online travel confirmation can be used as an evidence under the heading of Relationship. It doesn't matter if such documents are not returned back as we can print again. Photocopying can add to the weight of the final submission. Please share your thoughts on this.

We were informed by VFS to post the supporting documents at the following address: I hope it is correct-
PO Box 5852
Sheffield
S11 0FX

Many thanks,
megha
Hi Megha,

Hopefully you're partner has submitted the documents successfully. Actually, I'm in the same boat, I'm from Gujarat & my wife has submitted her application in Bangalore just recently, and we're confused as to how to send the docs, as I had sent all my docs to her only to discover at the VFS office that she will have to send them on her own to Sheffield. And, not very helpful, that she was told to find out herself how to send docs to Sheffield!

My concern is will they recognise the application just by the GWF number on the application form that will go with it? The reason for this question is because there is a mention of some barcodes to be attached for each section. Any help is deeply appreciated. :-)
Sorry didn't mean to alienate @Londer007 & @Casa, please do advice if you know anything in this regards. TIA.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:54 pm

Send all documents directly to Sheffield in a bundle. They will know your application from the GWF number and also your application will be in the bundle anyway!

Include everything in the bundle in a logical order, no staples, no fancy folders, index etc.

Post by 01484 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:27 pm

Not all banks will stamp and sign statement. I have been through this myself… HSBC will not stamp or sign it (apparently something to do with their policy), so we asked to see the manager and another lady (assistant manager) came along and said same thing that we cant provide you with a stamp or signed copy… she said we can order you one through post (I was going to send papers off next day so this wouldn’t be an option)… but she kept saying no no etc etc…. then the actual branch manager came she was really good listened to us and we explained everything the same as with the other 2 ladies and this manager said I can provide you with a letter which will be signed saying how long account has been open for and how much money is in the account etc etc…. this was fine.
If your bank does same as above speak to the manager hopefully that should fix the problem, but it also depends on what he/she is like.
But make sure you guys prepare everything beforehand postal bank statements are fine as they are printed via the branch and sent to your home address and is a genuine statement. In my situation I got paid on 22nd that month due to Christmas and the postal bank statement was sent on the 21st so I had to get another showing my final wage going into my account.

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:01 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:54 pm
Send all documents directly to Sheffield in a bundle. They will know your application from the GWF number and also your application will be in the bundle anyway!

Include everything in the bundle in a logical order, no staples, no fancy folders, index etc.
Thank you so much for the quick reply Londer007, much appreciated! :-)

So from what I understand, even though the wife submitted her online application form along with her passport at VFS, Bangalore, she'll need to print out another copy of the same form (& sign it too?) and post all the docs to me (as I posted all my [sponsor] docs to her assuming she'd submit them all at VFS and they'll send it to Sheffield)? And in turn, I'll have to forward all the docs to Sheffield with a return envelope back to me? I must admit that I stapled my payslips together since half of them are of a small slip size and same with 12 months statements, hope that's fine, since you said not to staple anything?

Any thoughts on this barcode jazz found here?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:57 pm

Your wife can send to Sheffield directly from India if she already has the documents with her, or she can send to you and then you forward to Sheffield, either way is fine.

No need for bar codes.

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:24 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:57 pm
Your wife can send to Sheffield directly from India if she already has the documents with her, or she can send to you and then you forward to Sheffield, either way is fine.

No need for bar codes.
Thanks for the clarification :) Though lot of people on this forum are having issues with sending anything, with return postage, to a UK PO Box number, hence the routing via me. You happen to have different experience/knowledge about it?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:57 pm

Send with Royal Mail special delivery

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:21 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:57 pm
Agreed, but will have to do it from UK, instead of wife doing it from India.

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:24 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:57 pm
A real quick one, just to clear the ambiguity of UKVI scanning documents, we do not need to send the photocopies of all the documents to the Sheffield Office or do we? Wife asked the person at token counter & was told at VFS that she needs to send two sets, one original and one photocopy. However, a lot of people are just sending originals and getting them back. :?

If no, I presume that they will return all the original documents sent for the application? Or if yes, copies of what documents are to be sent?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:29 am

No need to send photocopies because they scan all documents into their system anyway. A lot of people still send photocopies. If your really worried then just send photocopy of maybe most docs such as English test and marriage certificate.

I am not too sure how courier works in India, but if your sending from within UK use royal mail and return envelope addressed to you.

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:23 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:29 am
No need to send photocopies because they scan all documents into their system anyway. A lot of people still send photocopies. If your really worried then just send photocopy of maybe most docs such as English test and marriage certificate.

I am not too sure how courier works in India, but if your sending from within UK use royal mail and return envelope addressed to you.
Thanks Londer007! I shall keep the thread updated and will post a timeline on the relevant thread.

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:55 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:09 am
1) Applicant takes application signed and dated, Appointment letter, Passport and 1 passport size photo only to VFS
2) Applicant then only submits their biometrics and Passport ONLY at the VFS.
3) The sponsor from within UK sends all support docs... Application, Appendix 2, TB cert, English proof etc.
Does the applicant need to send a passport photo along with the documents that needs to be sent to Sheffield? :? They already took one passport photo at VFS.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:21 pm

KayPee wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:55 pm
Londoner007 wrote:
1) Applicant takes application signed and dated, Appointment letter, Passport and 1 passport size photo only to VFS
3) The sponsor from within UK sends all support docs... Application, Appendix 2, TB cert, English proof etc.
Does the applicant need to send a passport photo along with the documents that needs to be sent to Sheffield? :? They already took one passport photo at VFS.
No harm in sending photo despite they took during biometrics.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:41 am

seagul wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:21 pm
KayPee wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:55 pm
Londoner007 wrote:
No harm in sending photo despite they took during biometrics.
Thank you seagul, wife preempted this and sent the photos anyway, should I stick them onto the application form?

Finally, just received the documents sent by wife which are section-wise arranged in the order they require in a folder with documents in respective sleeves (in a very neat manner) :) Should I still take them out from the folder and/or sleeves and just send them as an arranged bunch?

megha123
Newly Registered
India

Post by megha123 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:30 am

Hi there,

It is the 17th working day from the day of Biometrics but still I haven't received any email from UKVI about my application? Also, the supporting documents are not returned yet. We posted it via Royal Mail and as per the tracking no., the documents are delivered and received by someone. It is a standard application. Any thoughts about this?

Regarding a likely interview with the sponsor & employer: Do they notify about this beforehand or is it a random call? My husband is visiting me in May - We did let the ECO / HO know about this. I am not sure what will happen if they call during that time. Please do guide.

Thanks,
Megha

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:46 am

megha123 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:30 am
Hi there,

It is the 17th working day from the day of Biometrics but still I haven't received any email from UKVI about my application? Also, the supporting documents are not returned yet. We posted it via Royal Mail and as per the tracking no., the documents are delivered and received by someone. It is a standard application. Any thoughts about this?

Regarding a likely interview with the sponsor & employer: Do they notify about this beforehand or is it a random call? My husband is visiting me in May - We did let the ECO / HO know about this. I am not sure what will happen if they call during that time. Please do guide.

Thanks,
Megha
Maybe due to Easter break the delay occurred in return of your documents which you will get very soon. Regarding HO call, yes it's random usually from private number and if someone do night shift then unfortunately he should leave his phone on to attend HO call. And also in my opinion if there has been heavy subsisting relationship evidences attached and the employment is not in family run business and the organization has good turn over with good age of existence then it might stop the need of interview.

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:14 pm

megha123 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:30 am
Hi there,

Thanks,
Megha
Hi Megha,

Did you receive any form of acknowledgment yet? We had our Biometrics done on 23rd March and Doc were sent & received on 5th April, still haven't heard anything from them yet. We're well past the Easter break now.

Any thoughts and/or experience on these @seagul or @CR001?

megha123
Newly Registered
India

Post by megha123 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:24 pm

Hi KayPee,

Nothing yet - No communication from UKVI. Today is the 24th working day (from the date of Biometrics). Even the documents are not posted back. The wait just continues....

It is a standard application but still they should have communicated.

Best,
Megha

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:45 pm

megha123 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:24 pm
Hi KayPee,

Nothing yet - No communication from UKVI. Today is the 24th working day (from the date of Biometrics). Even the documents are not posted back. The wait just continues....

It is a standard application but still they should have communicated.

Best,
Megha
Very strange, have they change the communication protocol recently? They charge an arm & a leg for all these services to acknowledge the status of application, viz. SMS service etc and no delivery despite the charge! Have you got a post on the timeline thread? If not, what date your biometrics were taken and what date the docs were sent to UKVI?

megha123
Newly Registered
India

Post by megha123 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:04 pm

KayPee,

I just posted my timeline thread.

Megha