ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 Ent Dependent Query

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajrea
Mood:
India

T1 Ent Dependent Query

Post by rajrea » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:47 pm

Hi All,

I have successfully extended my Tier 1 Entrepreneur as a team 50k route.
My initial grant was on Jan 2014 - now we got extension till April 2019

My team member and me are eligible for ILR T1 Ent 5 year route in Jan 2019.

As my team member applying for ILR with SET (O), What Application form his wife needs to apply as she was on Tier 1 Ent dependent from June 2017 .

Does she needs to apply as ILR dependent if so what application form is it FLR (M) ?
What are the mandatory requirements like English , Financial Documents ...?

Any members or seniors please let me know in above scenario... Thanks in Advance..

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: T1 Ent Dependent Query

Post by marcnath » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:08 pm

rajrea wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:47 pm

As my team member applying for ILR with SET (O), What Application form his wife needs to apply as she was on Tier 1 Ent dependent from June 2017 .

Does she needs to apply as ILR dependent if so what application form is it FLR (M) ?
What are the mandatory requirements like English , Financial Documents ...?
Assuming, his wife has met the 5 year requirement, she would just be included in the main applicant's SET (O). No separate form needed. Do not use the FLR(M) - that will reset the 5 year clock.
Main requirements for her are language, LIUK, cohabitation proof.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:09 pm

She can continue to extend her PBS dependent visa shortly before it expires until she reaches 5 years residence for ILR on Set(O).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:09 pm
She can continue to extend her PBS dependent visa shortly before it expires until she reaches 5 years residence for ILR on Set(O).
Good point - I overlooked that she has been here only from June 2017. So she would use the normal PBS dependant form to renew until she qualifies
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

rajrea
Mood:
India

Post by rajrea » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:22 pm

CR001 wrote: ↑Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:09 pm

Good point - I overlooked that she has been here only from June 2017. So she would use the normal PBS dependant form to renew until she qualifies
Hi CR001 and Marcnath,

As my team member is applying for ILR - can she apply for PBS dependent ? technically her husband visa status is changing does it not be a problem ?

By the way what are differences in ILR dependent and PBS dependent just the visa fee ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:57 pm

Yes, the rules permit PBS dependents to continue extending as PBS dependents till they qualify for ILR.

ILR dependent (no actual visa by this name) is a spouse of settled person visa on FLR(M) and as Marc athletic has said, if she applies using this form, her clock towards ILR is reset zero and a new 2 x 2.5 year visa route to ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:07 pm

rajrea wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:22 pm
CR001 wrote: ↑Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:09 pm

Hi CR001 and Marcnath,

As my team member is applying for ILR - can she apply for PBS dependent ? technically her husband visa status is changing does it not be a problem ?

By the way what are differences in ILR dependent and PBS dependent just the visa fee ?
From the PBS Dependant guidance

You can apply for limited leave to remain as a PBS Dependant if you meet the criteria set out in this guidance and the Immigration Rules and you are:
• the family member of a person with, or applying for, leave under Tier 1, 2, 4 or 5 of the Points Based System; or
the spouse or partner of a person with indefinite leave to remain or British Citizenship who last held leave in Tier 1, 2, or 5 of the Points Based System and you do not yet qualify for indefinite leave to remain

Underline portion is the one that applies to your team member

rajrea
Mood:
India

Post by rajrea » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:32 am

From the PBS Dependant guidance

You can apply for limited leave to remain as a PBS Dependant if you meet the criteria set out in this guidance and the Immigration Rules and you are:
• the family member of a person with, or applying for, leave under Tier 1, 2, 4 or 5 of the Points Based System; or
• the spouse or partner of a person with indefinite leave to remain or British Citizenship who last held leave in Tier 1, 2, or 5 of the Points Based System and you do not yet qualify for indefinite leave to remain

Underline portion is the one that applies to your team member

Thanks Marcnath....for clear answer

Manha
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Manha » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:39 am

I have the same situation. I am going to apply for ILR. My wife going to apply pbs dependent.

1. We want to apply same time but we have only one copy of original documents. I have to send my file to Durham ILR department and she need to send different place. What should we do ? Please help me.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:03 pm

One SET(O) form for all. Send all to SET(O) address
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:12 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:03 pm
One SET(O) form for all. Send all to SET(O) address
Think poster above asking about ILR and PBS Dependent application which goes to different departments.
Char (CR001 not Casa)