ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent resident

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alex0226
United Kingdom

Permanent resident

Post by Alex0226 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:16 pm

This is my story. I met my wife in 2012. In 2013, Home office arrested and detained me for suspicion of sham marriage. I was released in october 2013. In 2014, i was granted limited leave to remain outside immigration, because of the pressure from my MP. Though my wife is an EU national. The same year we had a son with EU passport and we had a girl in 2016 as well. In 2015, we had our wedding in Nigeria.The 30 months expired and was refused upon renewal. I appealled the decision while i logged in a new application for EEA resident card in 2017. Resident card granted. Can you please enlighten me when my 5 years of lawfully resident in the UK count as a family member of EU national to qualify me for PR. Thanks

Bilalz88
Newly Registered

Re: Permanent resident

Post by Bilalz88 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:11 pm

hi when did you get married? official uk registration date of marriage?
you don't need to wait for 5 years. you can apply if you both are living together and your spouse is exercising treaty rights or has a permanent residence