ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 5 -> Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eesmith91
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Switching from Tier 5 -> Tier 2

Post by eesmith91 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:52 am

Hello!
I am currently living in the U.K. on a Tier 5 visa and planning on staying long and switching to the Tier 2 visa.
I've just been granted my CoS and now want to submit my application so I can book my biometrics appointment in N.Z. The only thing is that I am still in the U.K. and you can not select the leave date from the U.K for the future. Does that mean I can only submit it the day I fly out or can I write a note in the comments explaining the situation?? I am aware that you have to switch your visa outside the country, I am just not sure if it only the biometrics or the whole application submission as well :?
Any other helpful hints about switching between these visa's would also be much appreciated!!!

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Switching from Tier 5 -> Tier 2

Post by UKLL » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:25 am

The whole application needs to be made in your home country. Make sure you CoS is a restricted CoS with Resident Labour Marketing Test undertaken etc.

eesmith91
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by eesmith91 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:53 pm

I just got a reply from a immigration help centre, and they said that it is generally safe to apply from you exit date and be transparent in the comments. Has anyone else done this?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:37 pm

eesmith91 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:52 am
Hello!
I am currently living in the U.K. on a Tier 5 visa and planning on staying long and switching to the Tier 2 visa.
I've just been granted my CoS and now want to submit my application so I can book my biometrics appointment in N.Z. The only thing is that I am still in the U.K. and you can not select the leave date from the U.K for the future. Does that mean I can only submit it the day I fly out or can I write a note in the comments explaining the situation?? I am aware that you have to switch your visa outside the country, I am just not sure if it only the biometrics or the whole application submission as well :?
Any other helpful hints about switching between these visa's would also be much appreciated!!!
is there any reason for still staying in the UK if you know that you have to make the application from outside of UK?
To make it easy for yourself, why not exit the country, sort out your visa and then enter back on the new visa. You also have to bear in mind the salary and RLMT requirements.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

eesmith91
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by eesmith91 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:03 am

I am leaving the country for roughly 5-6 weeks. I am just worried about how long the process will take. Therefore, I want to submit the application so I am able to book in my biometrics appointment within the first couple of days of being back home.
I'm not sure if I am being overly paranoid or not :?
I've got my certificate all sorted and on the shortage visa so it is all good to go on that aspect.