ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 entrepreneur ILR interview

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shanybaba1974
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 1 entrepreneur ILR interview

Post by shanybaba1974 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:27 am

Hello

I applied for ILR under Tier 1 Entrepreneur 5 year route (£200,000/- investment) on 15/7/17, just got an interview call which was quite strange as never heard HO ever called T1 Ent applicant for interview, am I the only one called or anybody else as well, pl share any experiences for T1 Ent & guide. My interview date is 5/2/18.

Also advice me is this the right forum to ask this or do we hv another page for T1 Ent

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 entrepreneur ILR interview

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:23 am

There is no specific rule. You could be interviewed at any stage by the HO and it generally depends on your application and background.
The interview questions could be either regarding your business activity or any other concern the HO might have.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:35 am

shanybaba1974 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:27 am
Hello

I applied for ILR under Tier 1 Entrepreneur 5 year route (£200,000/- investment) on 15/7/17, just got an interview call which was quite strange as never heard HO ever called T1 Ent applicant for interview, am I the only one called or anybody else as well, pl share any experiences for T1 Ent & guide. My interview date is 5/2/18.

Also advice me is this the right forum to ask this or do we hv another page for T1 Ent
Search the T1E forum - uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/

Plenty of examples of interviews, questions asked experiences, etc.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

shanybaba1974
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by shanybaba1974 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:11 am

Thanks @zimba88 & @marcnath
For reply

Do you know any experiences of interview at ILR application stage. I could only find experiences of Extension stage.
Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:20 pm

shanybaba1974 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:11 am
For reply

Do you know any experiences of interview at ILR application stage. I could only find experiences of Extension stage.
Thanks
Interviews seem to have increased very recently and yours is the first for ILR. But I don't expect them to be very different and the purpose is the same for both stages - the focus being genuineness.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:43 pm

shanybaba1974 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:11 am
For reply

Thanks
I repeat AGAIN that every case is unique and different. The interview may or may not be about your business. An interview regarding the business activity will be similar to interviews during the extension
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ali7770
Pakistan

Post by Ali7770 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:36 pm

shanybaba1974 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:27 am
Hello

Hello there.
just want to confirm with you that have you been invited for interview before for this Tier 1 OR not.
and secondly, HO staff gonna come on your office or have you invited somewhere.

and please share you experience after interview.

Best of luck for your interview.

Regards

shanybaba1974
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by shanybaba1974 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:12 pm

This is the first time I’ve been invited for interview
They invited me at immigration office
Sure will share my experience
Please pray for me

raj.m
Mood:
India

Post by raj.m » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:23 pm

shanybaba1974 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:12 pm
Please pray for me
Could you share the list of documents you submitted for your ILR application please?

Thanks. Good luck with the interview! :)

Ali7770
Pakistan

Post by Ali7770 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:40 am

shanybaba1974 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:12 pm
Please pray for me
Your Interview will be good.

please Know your business very well through out 5 years.

Profit and loss, marketing material, competitors, how you start this business, why this business, about employees, employees names,D/O/B,Address, how you hire them. pension of employees,other shops around your business, the area where your business place.where did you get the investment, breakdown of your investment. where you spend investment. monthly expenses, monthly income, your business plan, where you see your business in future, your immigration history, how your qualification link with this business, what experience you have before to start this business,

and please donot give wrong ansers instead say like i didnot remember.

hope it helps you. and you can check this board and you will find many questions.

Regards

shanybaba1974
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by shanybaba1974 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:34 am

Thanks for your guidance bro, just recd a letter yesterday informing that the scheduled interview has been cancelled & they will inform me if interview is still required. They did not mention any reason for cancellation, so let’s hope for good, anyways pl remember me in prayers

raj.m
Mood:
India

Post by raj.m » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:18 am

shanybaba1974 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:34 am
Thanks for your guidance bro, just recd a letter yesterday informing that the scheduled interview has been cancelled & they will inform me if interview is still required. They did not mention any reason for cancellation, so let’s hope for good, anyways pl remember me in prayers
Hi, did they schedule another interview? Or is there any update on your application?

shanybaba1974
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by shanybaba1974 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:55 am

No. Probably they invited by mistake because I have not seen anybody interviewed at ILR stage in my category T1E, however it’s been 9 months now & no decision yet either, I called to check the progress but got a usual reply on 15/2

“Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

Our records show your application has not yet been completed.

We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further. Should the caseworker require further information and/or documents they will contact you.

We are sorry we cannot be of further assistance at this time.

Yours Sincerely ,

UK Visas and Immigration”

So still waiting :((

bizguy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bizguy » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:41 pm

I don't understand how they see the different cases . According to timeline guide on this forum different applicants got their applications approved within 2 to 4 months avg .Entreprenuers investing too much money in this country paying taxes creating jobs . shouldn't get treated like this .

raj.m
Mood:
India

Post by raj.m » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:21 am

shanybaba1974 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:55 am
No. Probably they invited by mistake because I have not seen anybody interviewed at ILR stage in my category T1E, however it’s been 9 months now & no decision yet either, I called to check the progress but got a usual reply on 15/2

“Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

Our records show your application has not yet been completed.

We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further. Should the caseworker require further information and/or documents they will contact you.

We are sorry we cannot be of further assistance at this time.

Yours Sincerely ,

UK Visas and Immigration”

So still waiting :((
Ahh, sorry to hear that but be patient, I am sure it will pay off. Are you completing your 10 years anytime soon?

jjs456

Post by jjs456 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:44 pm

Hi raj.m
Have you submitted your ILR application now? Any reply?

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:53 pm

bizguy wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:41 pm
I don't understand how they see the different cases . According to timeline guide on this forum different applicants got their applications approved within 2 to 4 months avg .Entreprenuers investing too much money in this country paying taxes creating jobs . shouldn't get treated like this .
A snippet from the MAC report on T1(e) "Tier 1(Entrepreneur) route has
a long tail of low quality projects which contribute little or nothing to UK plc. The
MAC suggests major reform of this route"

As such the HO may not consider just investing £200K and creating two jobs as value creating in itself (all depends of course).

The route has not been officially reformed as per the MAC report but maybe HO are using the tools they do currently have (either genuine test or looking for nitty gritty minutiae) to refuse T1Es

shanybaba1974
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by shanybaba1974 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi seasky

Just wondering if you know anybody gone through Genuine Entrepreneur test / interview at ILR stage as yet because I thought only it is happening at Extension state?

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:49 pm

shanybaba1974 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:38 pm
Hi seasky

Just wondering if you know anybody gone through Genuine Entrepreneur test / interview at ILR stage as yet because I thought only it is happening at Extension state?
First I need TBC I was not referring to you in anyway just replying to bizguy

It's a good question. The info we have is anecdotal and we (forum members) need to be on a lookout for evidence to your hypothesis.

But, T1e is changing, in the past we saw rare interviews done nominally by phone and now we have multiple onsite interviews. We rarely saw failures due to genuine test. Farther in the past we saw few week turnarounds along the line of the very high end visa route it was intended to be (as per MAC report).

So if someone in the HO world has set the agenda of crack down on low value businesses as much as possible withing the law and guidelines all T1es should take their entrepreneurial journey more seriously no matter what phase you are in (and that is a good thing!)

bizguy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bizguy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:39 pm

Thanks seasky for your valuable reply . It does make sense and it's good .

raj.m
Mood:
India

Post by raj.m » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:08 pm

jjs456 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:44 pm
Hi raj.m
Have you submitted your ILR application now? Any reply?
Yes, I submitted my application on 13/03/18. Gave biometrics last week.

ali31

Post by ali31 » Sun May 27, 2018 3:36 am

Hey guys, any update on this case?