ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is continuous period required from spouse visa to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manibest
Newly Registered

Is continuous period required from spouse visa to ILR

Post by manibest » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:50 am

Hi

I had been granted ILR when I applied spouse visa for my wife. She will complete 5 years on spouse visa in April 2020 and will then apply for her ILR using Set(M) application form as a partner who is already settled in the UK.

Currently I am a british citizen and hold UK passport
My wife has been granted extension on her spouse visa early in January 2018
We have a daughter and she holds UK passport as well

Question: If we go out of UK and live for more than 8 months continuously, will it have any impact on my wife's ILR application.
OR will it break continuous period condition for her when she will apply for ILR in 2020?

vinny

Re: Is continuous period required from spouse visa to ILR

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:11 pm

vinny wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:47 pm
See also the guidance relating to time spent outside the UK for spouses under Appendix FM.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.