ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk visa for indian national on a student visa in australia

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dinsey
Newly Registered

uk visa for indian national on a student visa in australia

Post by Dinsey » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:13 pm

my relative is a indian national residing in australia on a 4 year student visa. i want to sponser him for a visit to the uk.

how easy is this and what would be the best advice you can offer me. ie i dont know what i need to put in the sponsor letter or who to send it to etc.

if you need any more information please let me know.

Many thanks

bani

Post by bani » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:27 pm

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... 6977150088

What evidence can I supply?
There are no hard and fast rules about what documentation you should produce when sponsoring a visitor to the United Kingdom. You may wish to supply evidence of your own immigration status in the United Kingdom, and there are some other things you can do, particularly if the visit is for a special reason:

* if the visit is for a holiday and you are a relative or a friend, a letter of sponsorship explaining your relationship to the applicant and why the visit is taking place at this particular time may be helpful.
* if the visit is for a special family occasion (for example a wedding, a birth celebration or an important anniversary) an invitation detailing the event, when and where it is to take place and a letter of sponsorship would be helpful. If your visitor is not a close relative, or is perhaps one of several people invited, it would be helpful to know why you chose to invite them.

Dinsey
Newly Registered

Post by Dinsey » Fri May 30, 2008 9:52 pm

thanks for the last reply,

has been a few weeks and i have sent all the paperwork including the sponsorship forms to australia.

I have been advised by my relative that i need to pay £500 as a bond, ie when he returns back to Australia i get this back.

I called the Embassy in Australia and they confirmed that all i need to pay is the admin fee and no mention of a visa bond.

Can anyone help or have any expierence of this?

Dinsey
Newly Registered

Post by Dinsey » Sat May 31, 2008 10:42 pm

any help much appreciated

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:23 pm

Although there have been proposals, there is as yet no bond payment required from sponsors whose relatives are visiting them in the UK. The only payment required is the appropriate fee for the visa, to be paid with the application. This is non-returnable, even if the applicant is refused.