ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU3 plus/or Naturalisation after 5years of EU-Fam-4?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ayna
Newly Registered
Ireland

EU3 plus/or Naturalisation after 5years of EU-Fam-4?

Post by Ayna » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:05 pm

I'm soon 5 years in IE on Stamp4 EU-Fam, planning to apply for Naturalisation in July 2018. Current Stamp4 expires in December 2018. Do I have to apply for EU3 or EU1 when 5years is reached, and after that for Naturalisation? Or can I only apply for Naturalisation, and then just renew my Stamp4 2weeks before expiry in December 2018, while waiting for Naturalisation to be completed?

Also, if better or necessary to apply for EU3, can I do it earlier than 5years of Stamp4 EU-Fam residency? Some sources say can be done after 4.5years, or 6 months prior to Stamp4 expiry.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: EU3 plus/or Naturalisation after 5years of EU-Fam-4?

Post by Mal111 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:02 pm

apply for eu3 six months before the expiration of your current stamp considering your marriage is covering full five years.
you can apply for naturalisation once you have stamp 4 eu fam for 5 years.
you can apply both eu3 and citizenship at the same time if you cover the time.
do not rely on naturalisation application as citizenship is privilege and not guaranteed however via EU3 right of permanent residence is your entitlement considering you have followed the regulation in past 5 years.

also note slim chance that you will get your application approved before dec 2018 as for EU FAM holder they take longer im eu fam holder and permanent residence card holder and waiting for 20 months for citz approval I have full time job and no criminal record in fact my case is so solid that I got my eu 3 approved within 1 week which is record lol

citizenship office are very clear that you must have legal residence for past 5 years and are now legally residence so if your visa run out they will hold your application until you renew your visa.

in short visa update should be your first priority.

Ayna
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ayna » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:20 pm

Mal111 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:02 pm
apply for eu3 six months before the expiration of your current stamp considering your marriage is covering full five years.
Mal111, thanks much for the detailed reply. Will proceed with both then, EU3 and Naturalisation. They seem to issue a temporary Stamp 4 if needed while waiting for EU3, so probably will rely on that in case I'm not as lucky as your one week EU3 record.
20months waiting time - not exciting indeed.. ;( Good luck with your case.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:35 pm

Thanks

their is a member here names broli he will respond to you as well as he never misses a good topics lol :mrgreen:

his case is similar to yours he applied for eu3 got temp stamp but within this time he got his citizenship application approved yet he is still waiting for eu3 approval not that he need it anymore.
temp stamp is still valid stamp and legal residence.

so I say you follow his route to be on the safe side.

thanks

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:16 pm

Mal111 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:35 pm
Thanks

their is a member here names broli he will respond to you as well as he never misses a good topics lol :mrgreen:

his case is similar to yours he applied for eu3 got temp stamp but within this time he got his citizenship application approved yet he is still waiting for eu3 approval not that he need it anymore.
temp stamp is still valid stamp and legal residence.

so I say you follow his route to be on the safe side.

thanks

Lol @Mal111 :mrgreen: i was actually the first the answer but i forgot to click submit as i am busy in the office and then i saw yours .

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:28 pm

was wondering wats takin you so long :lol:

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:32 pm

lol @mal111 my jobs is boring I am in the forum i want to see moooar approval coming live :mrgreen:

Ayna wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:05 pm

@Ayna They seem to issue a temporary Stamp 4 if needed while waiting for EU3 : yes in fact the if your actual stamp is still valid they may increase i still had 5 month from my EU4FAM they offered an extension to 9 months in total (8 month 2 weeks still no response though ). It will be quick if your case is easy and not messy like mine...(for exemple if you spouse worked 5 years straight without break)

Citizenship :

If you were EU spouse , it best to prepare documents in both name mostly bills and or banks statements (they have been asking bills in both name spouse to many people ) its not written on the form but could save you time

Update citizenship with your updated GNIB (E-mail is fast (2 days )and ask for acknowledgement when sending ) before they ask always stay ahead of the game :mrgreen:

Sorry for the crappy english i have no time to proofread busy here :!:

Grace620

Post by Grace620 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:46 pm

My cousin applied for EU3 and citizenship, received 9 months temporary visa .still nothing heard even expired .But his citizen application approved last year 2017. He is waiting for PRC 😂

Ayna
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ayna » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:21 pm

@broli
broli wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:32 pm

yes in fact the if your actual stamp is still valid they may increase i still had 5 month from my EU4FAM they offered an extension to 9 months in total (8 month 2 weeks still no response though ). It will be quick if your case is easy and not messy like mine...(for exemple if you spouse worked 5 years straight without break)
Hi Broli, thanks for your response. How did they offer you an extension of EU4Fam, at what point?
I guess most cases aren't straightforward for any possible tiny or bigger reason.. My spouse has been working for the same company all this time, while I officially weren't employed except for several months. I assume that's not pretty for the application.

Thanks for the guidelines about the citizenship application. Yep, came across both-names-bills info on forums a lot, so working on it now. Thanks for pointing out all of that, I've marked for myself..

I came across multiple advice thought to apply for EU1 instead of EU3, as less paperwork and possible to reapply if needs prolonging. Mal111 advised EU3, but I actually started researching about this EU1 again..

Ayna
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ayna » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:24 pm

Mal111 wrote:
@Mal111
Thanks for recommendation, bored broli made the appearance :lol:

I'm still looking into EU1 though, reading a lot EU3 takes longer than citizenship, while EU1 much simpler to apply and can be reapplied if needed, as far as I understand.

pd95
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by pd95 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:45 pm

Hey Guys,

I applied for EU3 in October 2017 and they gave me temp visa until July 2018 in February. Did anyone else get temp visa before a decision and how long did it take for them to respond after the temp visa is issued?
Any help would be great guys!

Thanks!

irish786
Ireland

Post by irish786 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:08 am

how many months before expire of your card did you apply of eu3 and what documents did you summit thanks

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:54 am

pd95 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:45 pm
Hey Guys,

I applied for EU3 in October 2017 and they gave me temp visa until July 2018 in February. Did anyone else get temp visa before a decision and how long did it take for them to respond after the temp visa is issued?
Any help would be great guys!

Thanks!

I got my decision after 8 month 2 weeks

From what i observed here the trend (EU3 y EU1) is that they approve you application 2 weeks before expiry

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:58 am

Ayna wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:24 pm
Mal111 wrote:
@Mal111
Thanks for recommendation, bored broli made the appearance :lol:

I'm still looking into EU1 though, reading a lot EU3 takes longer than citizenship, while EU1 much simpler to apply and can be reapplied if needed, as far as I understand.

Be Smart apply for EU3 like Mal111 suggested . The Average waiting is the same

But if your wife worked for 5 years with 5 p60 that actually could be a really fast EU3 approal..If your spouse worked 5 years in a row ..its actually suspicious to apply for EU1 again , when you can get permanent residency :mrgreen: kidding (my humble opinion based other guys who got approved fast)

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:27 pm

Hi Ana,

At the end did you apply for EU3? I am in same boat and wondering whats the best route.

Ayna
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ayna » Wed May 23, 2018 10:59 pm

masterboy123 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 1:27 pm
Hi Ana,

At the end did you apply for EU3? I am in same boat and wondering whats the best route.
Not yet. I won't have much time before the Stamp4 expiry cause of important business trips timeframes, most likely will go for EU1.

Ayna
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ayna » Thu May 24, 2018 12:55 am

masterboy123 wrote:
Hi Ana,

Actually, seems after 5 years one can only apply for EU3, not EU1:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... mbers.html

"For a permanent residence card for a family member who has lived in the State for 5 years apply using application form EU 3 (pdf)and explanatory leaflet (pdf). Completed application forms should be returned to the EU Treaty Rights Section of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS)."

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:41 pm

Yes, i will be applying for EU3 after 6 months. I have stamp4eufam till next summers.
Ayna wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:55 am
masterboy123 wrote:
Hi Ana,

"For a permanent residence card for a family member who has lived in the State for 5 years apply using application form EU 3 (pdf)and explanatory leaflet (pdf). Completed application forms should be returned to the EU Treaty Rights Section of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS)."

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Sun May 27, 2018 11:27 am

Ayna wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:55 am
masterboy123 wrote:
Hi Ana,

i think it is possible to apply on eu1 after being here for 5 years, its just not worth it, why would u do that.... but it is legal to do that

irish786
Ireland

Post by irish786 » Sun May 27, 2018 4:58 pm

HOW LONG INIS TAKE THE TIME DID THEY INCLUDE THE TEMPORARY STAMP AS WELL WHEN WE APPLY EU3 OR THEY COUNT ONLY 5 YEARS STAMP ANYBODY CAN CLEAR ABOUT THIS CONFUSION BECAUSE WE APPLY EU3 BASE ON 5 YEARS EU FAMILY MEMBER THANKS